Who We Are
Verily is a subsidiary of Alphabet that is using a data-driven approach to change the way people manage their health and the way healthcare is delivered. Launched from Google X in 2015, our purpose is to bring the promise of precision health to everyone, every day. We are focused on generating and activating data from a variety of sources, including clinical, social, behavioral and the real world, to arrive at the best solutions for a person based on a comprehensive view of the evidence. Our unique expertise and capabilities in technology, data science and healthcare enable the entire healthcare ecosystem to drive better health outcomes.
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) is responsible for the performance, strategy, and alignment of the organization’s revenue operations, including Sales, Sales Operations, Business Development, and Account Management. The CRO will be a key member of the Verily Leadership Team (VLT), collaborating with other members of the executive team to execute the corporate strategic plan — focusing on developing strategies to meet revenue targets, customer expansion, strengthening and scaling our business operations, managing sales channels, and identifying market opportunities to drive revenue growth and financial success.
This is a hybrid role with three days per week in-office. Possible locations of the role are Dallas, Raleigh, South San Francisco, or Boston. Preference for Dallas.
- Lead a commercial team, consisting of sales, sales operations, business development, and account management departments.
- Drive revenue growth, customer expansion and retention by refining and expanding go-to-market strategy, sales function and account management.
- Lead commercial team to drive higher close rates, increased average deal value, and account growth, while improving forecasting accuracy.
- Propel sales leadership to develop and implement revenue driving strategies, which create long-term customer and business value.
- Ensure product knowledge, and sales and success delivery philosophy/strategy are established and understood by sales and customer success organizations through focused team development and training programs.
- Collaborate with the finance, product, and marketing teams on messaging, pricing strategies, and business models for achieving revenue goals.
- Work in partnership with marketing leadership to create and execute winning marketing strategies to drive commercial growth.
- Effectively resolve issues across the marketing/sales, account management, and technology functions – must be comfortable with conflict, addressing issues, and solving problems in a practical and healthy manner.
- Inspire commercial team leadership to define and deliver on the customer value proposition, while growing revenue.
- Using Salesforce, develop and implement scalable processes, to support the management of a balanced pipeline that supports achievement of customer acquisition, expansion, and renewal targets.
- Consistently demonstrate customer + patient centricity and a passion for Verily’s core values and mission.
- 15+ years commercial leadership experience in a biotech/life sciences/healthcare/healthtech organization.
- Demonstrated sales skills in complex deal development, financial structuring, negotiations, and closing with both new and existing clients.
- Ability to mine, analyze and interpret data to make business decisions that will drive ongoing revenue growth.
- Strong technical experience with Salesforce and other business productivity tools.
- Adept at transitioning seamlessly from a strategic level vision to day-to-day tactical commercial operations.
- A demonstrated execution mindset and a record of success holding people accountable.
- Extensive leadership and management skills. Personable with solid team skills and works well in a highly innovative and collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with urgency and speed, while executing sound and thorough judgment.
- Must be a self-motivated, hands-on executive who functions effectively in an entrepreneurial, high-energy team environment.
- Astute at managing cross-functional relationships and dependencies effectively and in a collaborative manner.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Advanced degree, MBA or similar, preferred.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $288,000- $432,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Why Join Us
Build What’s Vital.
At Verily, you are a part of something bigger. We are a diverse team of builders innovating at the intersection of health and technology—united by a shared spirit of curiosity, resilience and determination to make better health possible for all. This builder mindset means your fingerprints will be on the work that shapes the future of health.
Fulfilling our precision health purpose starts with the health of our Veeps, which is why we offer flexibility, resources, and competitive benefits to support you in your whole-person well being.
Our culture reflects the behaviors that stem from living our values every day in how we Innovate Healthcare and Technology, Gain Velocity as One Verily, and Respect Individuals. As One Verily, we uphold our collective accountability to sustain this culture and to create a VIBE (Verily’s Culture of Inclusion, Belonging, and Equitability) where all Veeps feel included, a sense of belonging, and have opportunities to grow.
If this sounds exciting to you, we would love to hear from you.