Responsible for directing the firm’s support investments in sales force effectiveness and manages functions essential to sales force productivity. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation design/administration, and recruiting/selection of sales force talent. Duties also include overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales organization. Fosters close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the sales organization’s efficient operation and success.Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Educational And Other Requirements
- Designs, implements, and manages sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes.
- Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in approaches used by the sales organization, ensures efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes employed within the firm.
- Make joint and solo customer visits with key leaders and decision makers within the customer organizations.
- Provides leadership to the sales organization, and counsel to the Senior Vice President Commercial. Implement sales organization objectives that appropriately reflect the firm’s business goals.
- Responsible for equitably assigning sales force quotas and ensuring the firm’s financial objectives are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources through the quota program.
- Accountable for the timely assignments of all sales organization objectives.
- Partners with senior sales leadership to identify opportunities for sales process improvement.
- Facilitates successful implementation of new programs through the sales organization by ensuring a well-defined, efficient sales process is in place for launch. Fosters an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Prioritizes investments in enabling technologies in support of sales organization productivity.
- Works closely with the Senior VP Sales and Senior VP of Technology to understand firm sales and technology strategy. Recommends changes and enhancements to the company Customer Relationship Management technology platform.
- Responsible for the optimal deployment of sales personnel. Makes recommendations for changing sales roles, coverage models, or team configurations in order to maximize sales productivity. Leads a change management process to build organizational understanding of proposed changes, establish support from key leadership stakeholders, and effectively implement new deployment and job models.
- Works closely with senior sales leadership to define the optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success; aligns reporting, training, and incentive programs.
- Ensures sales reports and other internal intelligence is provided to the sales organization.
- Develops new reporting tools as needed.
- Lead efficient and accurate sales force reporting initiatives.
- Establishes a sales force training plan focused on developing and reinforcing critical sales competencies. Prioritizes training objectives for selling, sales management, and sales support roles. Oversees the delivery of field and HQ training to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel.
- Designs sales incentive compensation programs that provide market-competitive pay, reinforce sales organization strategy, and align with business and sales organization objectives.
- Oversee sales compensation plan administration. Establish sales compensation program rules, policies, and procedures. Ensures sufficient resources are assigned to adequately administer sales compensation programs. Works closely with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources to establish rules, policies, and procedures associated with sales compensation.
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Mental And Physical Requirements
- Four year college degree from an accredited institution preferred; Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum seven years of sales or sales management experience in a business-to-business sales environment.
- Minimum five years in a sales operations, business planning, or sales support management role.
- Experience successfully managing analytically rigorous corporate initiatives.
- PC proficiency.
- Extensive travel required.
- Sensitive to confidential information.
- Must work independently and as a member of team.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Able to read, speak and write English.
- Ability to use sophisticated computer software programs to achieve job functions.
- Sitting – at desk or computer station, standing, walking, speaking, hearing – frequent
- Bending/Stooping, twisting, lifting – occasional.
- Gripping, reaching, writing, fingering (data entry), handling (paper, files, etc) – frequent
- Able to work under stressful conditions at times.
- Fine Motor Skills - typing, 10-key, ability to write for extended periods of time.
- Communication - phone communication, communication with personnel and vendors
- Seeing - able to see the computer screen.
- Climbing - able to go up and down stairs.
- Position will require a minimum of 40 hours per week unless otherwise directed by supervisor.