Barricade Holdings LLC is a leading provider of safety services for the infrastructure industry in the Mountain West and Pacific Northwest. Barricade Holdings core services include traffic control planning and services, pavement marking, pavement maintenance, precast concrete barrier services, permanent sign installation, and sign and safety product sales. Our valued customers include heavy civil, vertical, commercial, and residential construction companies, Departments of Transportation, municipalities, and water and utility infrastructure companies.
We are builders of safety, opportunity, and community.
Our mission is to be the leading safety company in America.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The key responsibility of the CRO is to oversee all business activities that impact revenue streams, from market analysis to pipeline management, sales, and customer success. He or she ensures no department works in silos, creates alignment to ensure higher profitability, and uses data to make informed decisions about strategic processes. The CRO will take the lead in developing and communicating growth strategies with the CEO, CFO, COO, and board of directors. He or she is responsible for setting up the processes of generating revenue and unifying those processes to offer the customer the best experience possible. You will own sales and marketing, as well as any other process that maximizes the returns on marketing investment. Maintaining communication and relationships across organizational functions to work with different departments and manage revenue generation through those departments is critical to the CRO’s success. Together with other members of the executive team, the CRO will execute the corporate strategic plan — focusing on the expansion of customer segments and business partnerships — and ultimately strengthening operations.
- Developing and communicating growth strategies with the CEO, COO, and board of directors.
- Setting up the process of generating revenue.
- Unifying processes to offer the customer the best experience possible, which keeps them coming back.
- Integrating sales and marketing, as well as any other process that maximizes the returns on marketing investment.
- Maintaining communication and relationships across organizational functions to work with different departments and manage revenue generation through those departments.
- Clearly identifying micro-markets and creating specific products targeting those markets.
- Creating a pricing strategy to target those micro-markets so that the highest possible return is generated.
- Monitoring all the revenue streams and adjusting as necessary.
- Forecasting revenue generation and the strategies required and planning accordingly.
- Managing all revenue channel development and introducing new sales channels and partners.
- Ensure performance, strategy, and alignment of the company’s revenue-generating departments.
- Monitor the revenue pipeline and leads, adjusting as necessary for sustainable growth.
How You Will Make a Difference
Own the Revenue Strategy and Execution
Purpose: Develop objectives and strategy to expand our market reach, revenue, and client delight.
- Support the CEO in setting thoughtful expansion and revenue targets and lead indicators.
- Create and communicate a compelling business development vision that is aligned with our mission, values, and overall company vision.
- Knowing the market leads the company’s revenue efforts through periods of market fluctuation.
- Develop, communicate, and assess strategies and tactics to meet business development goals, including market expansion and penetration.
- Partners with Operations to balance opportunity with capacity.
- Develop and continuously optimize an enterprise sales strategy and system.
- Ensure that we are gathering and analyzing relevant data to assess the impact of our tactics and share these results monthly to enable transparency and predictability.
- Scale internal systems and infrastructure to support continued growth and improvement.
- Recommend service and product pricing that grows revenue, recurrence, and perceived client value.
- Partner with the Finance team to develop predictive revenue models.
- Establish and oversee a client advisory group to gather strategic input and deepen high-value relationships.
- Stay up to date about industry trends and competition, and share relevant news and insights with the CEO, Business Development team members, and other impacted stakeholders.
- Own organic growth, including related diversification and geographic expansion.
- Total annual and quarterly revenue
- Client industry diversification
Team Results and Development
Purpose: Help the Business Development department become world-class, and create a department culture that drives engagement, learning, diversity, inclusion, & and great results.
- Brings Sales, Marketing, and Business Development together into a team
- Coach, advise, give feedback, and help set priorities for Business Development leaders.
- Support Business Development leaders in building and refining systems to assess and enable team results and to make great hiring decisions.
- Ensure that the department has the right level of people capacity to do excellent work, respond to surprises, and live our values.
- Design and refine Business Development roles to achieve department goals.
- Do ongoing succession planning, anticipating future needs so that we have sufficient skills, knowledge, and capacity to meet our goals.
- Model and foster a department culture that creates engagement, belonging, learning, inclusion, strong results, and a dedication to our values and mission.
- Ensure there is a high level of trust and high-quality communication within the department and across departments.
- Business Development team member engagement and inclusion
- Business Development team member performance metrics
- Collaboration quality within and across departments
Brand Strength and Client Experience
Purpose: Grow a stellar reputation for the Barricade Holdings brand, expand our market reach, and earn client dedication by creating a surprisingly refreshing client experience.
- Deeply understand, clearly articulate, and continuously evolve our Unique Selling Proposition (USP) and brand voice.
- Ensure that all our Business Development messaging and communication aligns with our USP, brand voice, mission, vision, values, and strategy.
- Refine our client and target-client segmentation so we are increasingly effective at serving different types of clients and anticipating their needs.
- Support Business Development leaders in refining the end-to-end client experience, finding ways to simplify complexity, deepen our relationships, and add value in every interaction.
- Support Business Development leaders in optimizing our systems for efficient lead, prospect, and client management and data analytics that drive better decisions.
- Analyze relevant data to identify and share insights, trends, and opportunities.
- Develop and execute strategies for improving client satisfaction.
- Target number of new prospect inquiries per month
What You Bring
- A successful track record of building and implementing a market expansion strategy.
- Expertise in developing an effective enterprise sales strategy and plan that prioritizes long-term client relationships over short-term results and high-pressure sales tactics.
- A tested playbook for breaking into new markets, including new industries and geographies.
- Ability to imagine, define, and communicate a compelling vision and strategy.
- A demonstrated passion for and commitment to designing a relationship-first client experience.
- Expertise in customer segmentation that enables better predictions and client service.
- Strong skills in data analytics, modeling, projections, planning, ad-hoc analysis, and using data to inform decision-making.
- Ability to translate complex concepts and metrics into clear insights and action plans.
- People development prowess - including empathy skills, coaching, feedback, helping set priorities, and creating an inclusive, fair, and engaging team culture and climate.
- Experience creating meaningful career progression and satisfaction for sales teams.
- Leadership excellence - including setting vision, creating alignment, establishing influence without leaning on formal authority, and bringing out the best in others.
- Strategic thinking and planning skills, including the ability to set metrics, identify (and adjust) priorities, anticipate, and mitigate risks, and involve the right stakeholders at the right times.
- Clear and compelling written and spoken communication.
- Adaptivity and resilience skills, and a general default to curiosity.
How You Will Know You Will Love It Here
- You love being part of a values-driven organization
- You believe that the journey is more important than the destination
- You believe that a leader’s job is to make their team great
- You have a ‘we over me’ perspective
- You gravitate toward a ‘mission-first, people always’ mindset
- You like working with people who have a bias for action
- You believe that our team is the most important part of our company
- You don’t like being bored and enjoy an energetic workplace
- You enjoy being part of a team who supports one another and holds one another accountable
- Driver’s License and clean MVR **Must maintain a valid driver’s license during entire employment**.
- Pass pre-employment, random, post-accident, and reasonable suspicion drug screens.
- Satisfactory results of pre-employment background check
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree required, not preferred
- At least ten years of experience in sales positions of increasing scope and responsibility. Prior sales experience for a distributed service business is preferred
- Experience in heavy civil, vertical, or commercial construction is a plus
- This position will require up to 30% travel.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, incentive compensation, comprehensive health benefits, and 401(k).
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all future and current employees.
Applicants and current employees will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.