Chargebee is the leading Revenue Growth Management (RGM) platform for subscription businesses. Thousands of companies at every stage of development — from startups to enterprises — use Chargebee to unlock revenue growth, experiment with new offerings and monetization models, and maintain global compliance as they scale.
Chargebee counts businesses like Freshworks, Calendly, and Study.com amongst its global customer base and is proud to have been named a Leader in Subscription Management by G2 for five consecutive years, as well as a Great Place to Work in both the United States and India.
We are backed by some of the most respected investors in the world; Accel, Tiger Global, Insight Partners, Steadview Capital, and Sapphire Venture, who believe in the magic of subscriptions and the world that they can create — from cars to coffee pods and everything in between. With headquarters in San Francisco and Amsterdam, our 1000+ team members work remotely throughout the world, including in India, Europe, and the US.
Chargebee is looking for a Senior Director, Deal Desk to play a key role in establishing and maturing our Deal Desk team. As a trusted advisor to Sales, Finance, Partner Ecosystem, Marketing, and Legal teams, you’ll provide leadership and guidance on structuring deals and driving process improvements. To be successful in this role, you’ll have a customer-centric attitude and appreciation for working collaboratively in a fast-paced, globally diverse environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Establish a new team responsible for supporting a number of segments, verticals, and geographies across a global team
- In partnership with Sales, Legal, Accounting, and Finance teams, manage commercial contract development, optimal deal structuring, and drive deals to closure internally and externally
- Maintain a holistic view of a deal during contract negotiations; drive internal stakeholder discussions and alignment on customer concerns or key business issues that arise during negotiations
- Partner with Sales Operations, Sales, Partnership Ecosystems, Finance, and Legal, to drive process improvements, automation, and team enablement
- Create internal reports to drive transparency and improve behavior changes through reporting, dashboards, and analytics with high-quality data
- Support Sales team on contract objection-handling techniques, alternative contract options, compensation impacts, and value propositions to drive clean deals and close new revenue
- Develop tools that help the Sales team effectively price and structure deals while managing certain business metrics and requirements
- Be a sales-facing, or occasionally customer-facing, subject matter expert on deal structuring, processes, and policies
Skills and Experience:
- 6+ years of overall experience in Deal Desk and deal structuring in SaaS, ideally FinTech
- Minimum of 5 years in a Deal Desk leadership role working directly with Sr. Leaders and Executive across Finance, Sales, Pricing, Legal, and Operations
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a virtual team environment with diverse global stakeholders
- Ability to analyze, model, and recommend the best course of action for complex pricing, negotiations, and business situations; quantitative experience required
- Expert knowledge in modeling/analysis, experience with Excel, GSuite, Deal Hub and Salesforce preferred
- Strong understanding of SaaS revenue recognition best practices, including ASC 606
- Ability to manage multiple variables, and adjust approach within defined parameters as well as the ability to drive rapid, but fact-based decision-making with imperfect data
- Strong negotiation skills with experience supporting customer negotiations
We are Globally Local
With a diverse team across four continents, and customers in over 60 countries, you get to work closely with a global perspective right from your own neighborhood.
We value Curiosity
We believe the next great idea might just be around the corner. Perhaps it’s that random thought you had ten minutes ago. We believe in creating an ecosystem that fosters a desire to seek out hard questions, and then figure out answers to them.
Customer! Customer! Customer!
Everything we do is driven towards enabling our customers’ growth. This means no matter what you do, you will always be adding real value to a real business problem. It’s a lot of responsibility, but also a lot of fun.