As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development, and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in several ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking, and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees. The Associate Director, Revenue Management will support, acting as a business partner to the specie(s) and must build a deep knowledge of the relevant market dynamics. From a contract support standpoint, this role is to maximize and protect the value of BIAH’s assets by providing consultation on revenue management-related strategies through contract terms and conditions, as well as contract approval facilitation for BIAH’s largest customer relationships. This role will influence our revenue management actions are performed compliantly and optimize product positioning. The position also influences the organization in the development and execution of Value Based Contracts, accounting for hundreds of millions of dollars of business.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Owns the develop and influences contract analysis through reconciling disparate data sets and creating solution-oriented approaches to develop sound analytics.
- Reviews complex contracting language that includes crafting executable contracting terms from approved business cases and customer negotiations.
- Supports global to define leading practices for Contract Support and program effectiveness.
- Plays a key role in contract decision meetings with leadership through the facilitation/analysis of strategic and tactical account discussions that ensure BI is making timely decisions with well-balanced analysis and intuition, acting as a business partner to an assigned specie(s) and must build a deep knowledge of the relevant market dynamics.
- Partners with cross-functional leaders to develop a pre-season planning strategy.
- Owns the development and execute “Best Practices” within BI by working with external partners and attending workshops to ensure BI is active in recognition of leading the way we contract, design and track programs as well as set price strategy in the marketplace.
- Deploys Advanced Pricing Analytics under the direction of the Director of Revenue Management, Contracting to BIAH’s pricing strategy by conducting analysis to identify customer value drivers and working with species teams to implement revenue maximization strategies into their pricing actions.
- Provides subject matter expertise in advanced analytic around pricing and behavioral economics for both contract and promotion design.
- Works closely with global to define leading practices for pricing and promotional returns and analytics.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Economics, Behavioral Science, or related field is Required.
- A Master’s Degree preferred.
- A Juris Doctor preferred.
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in field of study.
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets and resources.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in a highly matrixed organization.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas, facts, and technical information clearly and concisely to senior management, as well as other internal customers both verbally and written.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to work with other disciplines.
- Management consulting experience preferred.
- Contract writing and negotiation experience preferred.
- Legal background or expertise preferred.
- Behavioral Economics background preferred.
- Models willingness to learn and stay up to date.
- Ability to train user groups and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and analyze problems, evaluate alternatives, and implement effective solutions.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and coordinate efforts with colleagues from several functional areas.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in the fast-paced environment.
- History of successful performance in previous roles, indicating a top performer.
- Ability and willingness to travel (may include overnight travel).
High level of understanding of the Legal Environment, Risk, Competitors, and the National/Regional/Local Markets for the assignment Commercial business areas.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person