- 3+ years of tax, finance or a related analytical field experience
- 4+ years of applying key financial performance indicators (KPIs) to analyses experience
- 4+ years of identifying, leading, and executing opportunities to improve, automate, standardize or simplify finance or business tools and processes experience
- 3+ years of finance or a related analytical field experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, statistics or business, or Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of quantitative role (engineering, process re-engineering, quality assurance) experience
- Experience with advanced use of SQL for data mining and business intelligence
The Amazon Advertising Deals Desk team is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) to join the Deal Desk team and support core aspects of the Direct Advertiser Agreements program. This team owns benchmarking, deal evaluation, defining guardrails, negotiating deal terms and support monetization initiatives. As a SFA you will have the exposure to all aspects of deal making and support the deliverables for this team.
This role will work closely with Sales and Product teams to evaluate and determine the long-term strategy to drive incremental Advertising Revenue. Day to day activities include reviewing program adoption, evaluating and building long term revenue proposals, support accounting, and reporting initiatives such as monthly and quarterly business reviews.
This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities, outstanding business acumen and strong interpersonal skills to partner with Sales and Product teams. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
Key job responsibilities
- Single-threaded owner for all matters regarding Advertiser Agreements reporting, with key focus on building scalability as the Ads business grows.
- Support deal negotiations with Sales and Product leaders.
- Develop quantitative models necessary for evaluation and implementation of new Go to Market strategies.
- Manage and execute entire projects or components of large projects from start to finish including project management, data gathering and analysis, problem solving, and clear communication of insights and recommendations.
- Partner with cross functional teams such as, Product, Sales, Legal, Accounting and broader Finance teams for automation and scalability.
- Provide weekly/monthly financial reporting on the performance of the business to assist in the creation of Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews (WBR).
- Audit business/financial performance regularly and coordinate with other stakeholder teams including Accounting, Product and partner Finance teams.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 4+ years of participating in continuous improvement projects in your team to scale and improve controllership with measurable results experience
- MBA, or CPA
- Knowledge of Tableau
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $56,900/year in our lowest geographic market up to $128,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.