The Sales Operations Manager is a new role for Leap and will support the Sales organization and play a key role in defining and implementing our sales structure and process, technology, and analytics roadmap. This highly visible role will lead a team and work with business partners to leverage technology, data analysis, market trends, and business intelligence tools to optimize sales processes that promote sales growth and effectiveness. This person is comfortable navigating a new environment and always searching for better solutions by asking questions, utilizing data, and engaging others. The model candidate has a philosophy that balances innovation, strategy, and execution and can recognize and mitigate gaps in process, data, or strategy and lead large-scale change initiatives. The role will report directly to the CRO.
- Work alongside Sales Management to identify high-impact areas in our developing sales process where you will spearhead and guide operational improvements.
- In partnership with Marketing Operations, proactively identify bottlenecks in the sales process and formulate/present solutions to increase pipeline velocity.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including marketing, Finance, and Technology, to align process and business outcomes.
- Implements external best practices to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the sales team.
- Provide frequent operational support to the CRO including general administration assistance for pipeline review meetings, all-hands, and executive meetings.
TECHNOLOGY AND DATA RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops the roadmap for our sales technology tools and processes, including Salesforce.com, contact management databases, and other business intelligence tools, by collaborating with sales management and other business partners to identify priorities.
- Leverages internal reporting and other business intelligence tools to identify sales opportunities and assist in necessary processes, such as developing KPIs, goals and/or sales forecasting.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science or related field
- Must have 5-7 years of experience working in a SaaS sales environment in a project management or operations role.
- Experience working in high velocity SMB and ability to manage high volume of leads.
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional follow-through; ability to summarize status at executive level.
- Salesforce CRM proficiency and experience working with Salesloft, Outreach, and Gong a plus.
- Proven success in time management and ability to deliver multiple projects on time in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience owning end-to-end process of tracking the sales process and conversion rates throughout the sales funnel.
- Successful building reports that inform sales reps, managers, executives on historical results, current performance, and expected results in the future.