Want to be a part of our team?
The Senior Associate Deal Desk Analyst will deliver critical support to the sales organization on complex deal structures. This role is responsible for actively working with sales, legal, revenue, and other cross functional teams on deal structuring and commercial terms. The Senior Associate Deal Desk Analyst serves as an internal contact across functional front- and back-office teams to ensure client proposals and solution designs are structured and processed according to both the client's needs and company policies. This position will gather the requirements and support the deal approval processes to ensure the approved solutions accurately support the business needs.
The Senior Associate Deal Desk Analyst will provide guidance throughout the lifecycle of sales opportunities, from the initial phases of helping to identify business requirements to developing and executing strategies which fit the client’s needs and are appropriately profitable to our business. This position will translate the business needs into actionable requirements by gathering enough information to make a solution possible, as well as helping drive clarity to make rational decisions. The role requires working across multiple time zones primarily in the US but may occasionally involve other regions of the world.
Working at NTT
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for reviewing technical solutions for compliance to business process and objectives.
- Handle both standard and non-standard product and quote requests, with specific focus on top-tier clients.
- Participate in pre-sale discussions to understand client-specific designs and sales strategies.
- Assist and contribute intelligence to help manage deal construction to maintain healthy margins that meet performance metrics for specific products and inventory.
- Help advise and craft standards and best practices for all facets of a deal, product, operational, legal, and financial.
- Provide quote review and pricing approval support, ensuring compliance with company policy standards, and alignment with customer-specific agreements.
- Make recommendations for approvals for non-standard deal elements across internal stakeholders aimed at driving consistent terms and conditions across contracts.
- Conduct independent analysis and financial modelling required for structuring complex deals, taking into consideration company-wide costs, recent trends, and other benefits for the partnership.
- Work proactively to predict and minimize potential issues before they arise and resolve those that do in a timely manner.
- Work closely with product owners and project managers as well as architects and lead members of technical staff.
- Collaborate with the Legal, finance, product, and other departments to ensure that contract terms and agreements align with company policies and legal requirements.
- Prepare customized pricing proposals and quotes for complex deals, ensuring accuracy and competitiveness.
- Create and maintain deal-related documentation, such as deal playbooks, pricing guidelines, and FAQs.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the deal desk function.
- Conduct regular audits of deal approvals, ensuring compliance with internal policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with Customer Success teams to ensure smooth transitions from the sales cycle to the post-sales phase.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills demonstrated through messaging platforms, email, conference calls, and internal meetings.
- Strong time management, organizational, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to make personal connections with internal stakeholders.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong Microsoft Office365 software suite skills.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment and critical thinking in selecting the best method and/or techniques for obtaining desired solutions.
- Ability to make practical, realistic, and timely decisions after considering the facts, available organizational resources, and potential risks of basic to moderate problems or issues.
- Ability to independently organize work to meet established objectives.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to identify information needed to solve basic to moderately complex problems and when to escalate or seek guidance.
- Analytical thinker and problem solver, attention to detail, demonstrated financial modeling skills.
- Hands on self-started with plenty of drive, motivation, and ambition; ability to prioritize in high pressure and deadline-driven environment.
- Has complete knowledge of company processes, procedures, products, and services.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and presentation skills; Project management experience is a plus.
- Moderate understanding of data center and telecom industry, products, and competitors.
- Demonstrates good judgment and critical thinking in selecting the best method and/or techniques for obtaining desired solutions.
- Ability to be highly confidential.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Manages stress and/or fast pace effectively.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to monitor industry trends, competitive landscape, and market dynamics to provide insights that inform deal strategies.
- Comfortable in leading/participating in ad-hoc projects related to deal optimization, process enhancements, or cross-functional initiatives.
- Participate in pipeline reviews and forecasting meetings to provide insights into the progress and potential roadblocks of deals in the pipeline.
- Contribute to the development and refinement of key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics related to deal desk efficiency and effectiveness.
What will make you a good fit for the role?
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in finance, pricing, business operations or related field.
- Prior experience supporting sales, structuring deals, and pricing approvals.
- Primarily sitting with some walking, standing, and bending.
- Able to hear and speak with others and to use a telephone.
- Close visual work on a computer terminal.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate any required to operate computer keyboard, mouse, and other technical instruments.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
Work Conditions & Other Requirements
- This position is considered to be a remote position.
- Minimal travel for team-related meetings/activities is a possibility.
This is a remote position that requires reliable internet connection and electricity. A monthly stipend is provided to cover expenses associated with working remotely and use of a personal mobile device, if applicable.
NTT Global Data Centers Americas, Inc. offers competitive compensation based on experience, education, and location. Base salary for this position is $73,000 - $104,000.
All regular full-time employees are eligible for an annual bonus; payout is dependent upon individual and company performance.
Employees receive paid time-off, medical, dental, and vision benefits, life and supplemental insurance, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending account, and 401k retirement plan to create a rich Total Rewards package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
NTT is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to providing an environment free of unfair discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based on age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, veteran status, or other protected category