Docker is a remote first company with employees across Europe, APAC and the Americas that simplifies the lives of developers who are making world-changing apps. We raised our Series C funding in March 2022 for $105M at a $2.1B valuation. We continued to see exponential revenue growth last year. Join us for a whale of a ride!
About The Role
As a Deal Desk Specialist at Docker Inc, you will play a critical role in driving revenue growth by supporting the sales team in structuring, pricing, and closing complex deals as well as guide non-standard deals through the requisite approval processes, collaborating cross-functionally with Sales Leadership, Legal, Finance, and Billing. You will collaborate closely with sales, finance, legal, and other cross-functional teams to ensure that deals are executed efficiently and in line with our business objectives and be reporting into Business Systems & Revenue Enablement. This role is ideal for someone with a keen eye for detail, exceptional analytical skills, and a passion for helping customers achieve their goals. If you are highly organized, detail-oriented professional who has SaaS B2B deal desk experience and thrives on teamwork and contributing to closed deals and sales results then we want to talk to you!
- Deal Structuring: Work with the sales team to structure deals that meet the needs of the customer while maximizing the company's profitability.
- Verifying the accuracy of a range of sales order forms and agreements with varied degrees of complexity while making sure that all necessary permissions, such as those for discounts and contract terms, are indicated for the right approvals.
- Pricing Strategy: Create and maintain pricing models and strategies that account for consumer value, market dynamics, and competitor positioning.
- Management of quotations and Contracts: Produce precise quotations, proposals, and contracts in a timely way while ensuring adherence to corporate guidelines and legal requirements.
- Deal Review: Conduct thorough reviews of complex deals, identifying potential risks, and proposing mitigation strategies.
- Safeguarding and managing data quality in Salesforce for all sales opportunities and closed orders
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with finance, legal, product, and operations teams to obtain input, approvals, and necessary resources for deal execution.
- Customer Advocacy: Act as a customer advocate within the organization, ensuring that customer requirements are met and that the customer experience is positive.
- Deal Analytics: Analyze deal performance and provide insights to improve deal effectiveness, pricing strategies, and overall sales performance.
- Process Improvement: Continuously assess and improve deal desk processes and workflows to enhance efficiency and accuracy.
- Training and Support: Educate the sales team about the procedures, regulations, and best practises of the deal desk.
- Be the expert on pricing, quoting, legal, and ordering policies and procedures for the sales team,
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required.
- 3yr+ of sales operations, legal or contracts administration experience as an individual contributor capacity, preferably at a SaaS or high growth company
- Salesforce experience and capability considered a strong asset, CPQ experience prioritized
- Collaborative approach and ability to work cross functionally across Sales, Finance, Operations, and Customer Success
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask and prioritize workflow
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with both internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of SaaS industry trends and competitive landscape.
- Experience with SaaS licensing, PSAs, DPAs, NDAs, and other commercial agreements, paralegal, or other legal experience preferred.
- Excellent project and task management skills, managing multiple deals and tasks simultaneously.
- Strong strategic, conceptual, and analytical thinking, and decision-making skills.
- Self-motivated; highly driven to produce results as a team member and individual contributor.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Quantification and Measurement:
- Documentation Accuracy: Achieve a 95% accuracy rate in deal documentation and order of operations guidelines, evaluated through regular audits and verification capabilities in Notion.
- Sales Autonomy: Measure the percentage of deals structured autonomously by sales representatives, aiming for a 40% increase over the baseline.
- Deal Margin Optimization: Improve deal margin by 5% through better pricing strategies, tracked by a comparison of proposed vs. approved deal margins.
- Deal Approval Time: Monitor and report on deal approval times, identifying 3-5 categories for segmenting across teams and reps.
- Sales Satisfaction: Conduct a post-training survey to measure sales representatives' satisfaction with the training program and resources provided by the deal desk.
- Advanced Analytics Impact: Demonstrate a 10% increase in deal profitability attributed to insights gained from advanced analytics.
- Strategic Contributions: Document instances where the deal desk's strategic guidance directly contributed to winning significant deals or expanding key accounts.
- Process Scalability: Evaluate the scalability of deal desk processes through a comparison of the number of deals managed per deal desk coordinator, aiming for a 20% increase in efficiency.
What to expect in the first 30 days:
- Process Streamlining: Document existing deal processes, identify bottlenecks, and propose improvements for faster deal approvals and closures.
- Standardization: Develop standardized deal templates, pricing guidelines, and approval workflows to ensure consistency across deals.
- Training Program: Design and implement training sessions for sales representatives on deal structuring, pricing strategies, and utilizing the deal desk resources effectively.
What to expect in the first 90 days:
- Documentation Enhancement: Continuously update and refine deal process documentation based on feedback and evolving business needs.
- Autonomous Deal Structuring: Empower sales representatives to autonomously structure deals within predefined guidelines by providing access to comprehensive deal resources and guidelines.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Establish strong working relationships with legal, finance, and product teams to ensure seamless deal coordination and execution.
What to expect in the first year:
- Advanced Analytics: Implement advanced deal analytics to identify trends, risks, and opportunities for further optimization of deal strategies.
- Strategic Guidance: Provide strategic deal support to the sales leadership team, contributing to the company's revenue growth strategy.
- Process Scalability: Develop a scalable framework for the deal desk as the company continues to grow, ensuring that processes remain efficient and effective.
- Freedom & flexibility; fit your work around your life
- Home office setup; we want you comfortable while you work
- 16 weeks of paid Parental leave
- Technology stipend equivalent to $100 net/month
- PTO plan that encourages you to take time to do the things you enjoy
- Quarterly, company-wide hackathons
- Training stipend for conferences, courses and classes
- Equity; we are a growing start-up and want all employees to have a share in the success of the company
- Docker Swag
- Medical benefits, retirement and holidays vary by country
Docker embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.