ServiceChannel is looking for a Director of Sales Operations to partner with sales leadership to exceed objectives through optimization of people, processes, and technology. This role will have ownership of forecasting, territory and quota planning, budget and headcount, sales compensation, enablement and training, and overall sales effectiveness. In addition, this individual will act as a strategic partner and Chief-of-Staff to the VP of Sales, provide ongoing daily support to the sales organization, and build strong relationships cross-functionally to support ServiceChannel’s corporate goals.
Strategy and Planning
- Work closely with the executive team to develop the GTM strategy
- Drive sales strategy and planning through the creation of key objectives and measurements
- Partner with Finance to develop headcount and resource plan
- Build and manage territory plans for existing and new sales personnel, including quota and key account targets
- Drive quarterly and annual strategic and operational reviews
- Partner with Business Development and Marketing to develop short term and long term initiatives for accelerating growth, enabling new wins, and expanding market share
- Ensure ongoing alignment with Engineering and Product on new/upcoming technology and features, customer requests, and competitive/ market requirements
- Work with sales leaders to create sales processes, tools, and resources
- Implement customer segmentation, targeting, and positioning initiatives that guide resource allocation and areas of strategic focus
Sales Operational Excellence
- Own and drives the sales forecasting process to ensure high levels of accuracy and quality in the pipeline.
- Drive optimal deployment of sales personnel through the type of role, coverage models, and territory mapping
- Develop sales incentive structures that attract and retain top talent
- Design sales compensation plans that reward achievement of objectives and are aligned with ServiceChannel’s business goals and GTM strategy
- Communicate, implement, and administer commission plans and other incentives
- Partner with Sales Leadership to continuously improve the sales process.
- Define the strategy, requirements, process, and adoption for systems and tools.
- Assist in the preparation of Executive and Board level presentations
Sales Enablement and Training
- Design, build and deliver training and performance improvement initiatives; partner with other cross-functional leaders to identify and conduct training as needed
- Create comprehensive onboarding programs
- Identify new/existing sales methodologies and training techniques to maximize the effectiveness and efficiencies of the sales organization
- Responsible for leading, organizing and facilitating sales meetings and communication.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of progressive leadership experience in a sales organization, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Experience in a startup and/or operations-heavy tech environment, ideally having helped grow a team across multiple locations
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to build credible relationships with multiple functions
- Ability to inspire, motivate, and influence behaviors to help change across an organization
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Strong understanding of standard sales operations processes (sales forecasting, sales compensation, forecasting, territory management, and sales quotas)
- Strong analytical mindset
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
Preferred Skills & Experience
- MBA, MS, or other advanced degree in a relevant field
Fortive Corporation Overview
Fortive’s essential technology makes the world stronger, safer, and smarter. We accelerate transformation across a broad range of applications including environmental, health and safety compliance, industrial condition monitoring, next-generation product design, and healthcare safety solutions.
We are a global industrial technology innovator with a startup spirit. Our forward-looking companies lead the way in software-powered workflow solutions, data-driven intelligence, AI-powered automation, and other disruptive technologies. We’re a force for progress, working alongside our customers and partners to solve challenges on a global scale, from workplace safety in the most demanding conditions to groundbreaking sustainability solutions.
We are a diverse team 18,000 strong, united by a dynamic, inclusive culture and energized by limitless learning and growth. We use the proven Fortive Business System (FBS) to accelerate our positive impact.
At Fortive, we believe in you. We believe in your potential—your ability to learn, grow, and make a difference.
At Fortive, we believe in us. We believe in the power of people working together to solve problems no one could solve alone.
At Fortive, we believe in growth. We’re honest about what’s working and what isn’t, and we never stop improving and innovating.
Fortive: For you, for us, for growth.
Ready to move your career forward? Find out more at careers.fortive.com.
Why Work for Us?
Our work environment is dynamic, collaborative, and entrepreneurial - We are firm believers in working to live and not living to work. Don’t get us wrong, we work hard and do what it takes to get the job done, but we value a healthy work/life balance and have a lot of fun along the way. Our company is filled with foodies, music lovers, travelers and sports nuts.
We are looking for energetic, positive, creative problem solvers who don’t mind digging in and getting their proverbial hands dirty. In addition to striving to create the best possible environment for our ServiceChannel team members, we also support them outside of work as well through generous medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, 401k with match, a flexible time-off policy, and paid parental leave. Our greatest benefit, however, is our amazing ServiceChannel team!
In 2021, ServiceChannel joined the Fortive group of leading technology companies, united by a common purpose to make the world stronger, safer, and smarter. Fortive accelerates ServiceChannel’s growth through extraordinary business systems, cross-industry expertise, and employee development resources
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and LTD insurance, HSA, and a 401(k) retirement plan. ServiceChannel’s commitment to the professional and personal success of our employees has landed us on Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies List for three years in a row.
We Are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. Fortive and all Fortive Companies are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should ask to speak with a Human Resources representative to request an accommodation.