For over 30 years Abbyson has taken great pride in being a family-based home furnishings brand that continually redefines itself through modern-day living. Our strategically aligned, full-spectrum business model and operations allows us to fully service major online furniture retailers and the core audience that is driving today's market.
We understand the modern furniture buyer and consumer on a deeper level as well as have a keen eye on the popular trends that are driving online traffic and furniture sales. That's why our mission has always been to help them bring their homes to life with quality furniture at unbeatable prices.
We believe that talent is defined by the collective behavior of each and every individual that makes this company great. Abbyson takes pride in hiring world-class, diverse talent and offering competitive total compensation packages. Compensation includes, but is not limited to, cash compensation through annual bonus structure, comprehensive medical benefits, employer-sponsored retirement plans, generous time off and fun cultural activities throughout the year.
The Vice President of Sales will work cross-functionally with Supply Chain Operations, and directly with Sales Operations & Account Management, under the guidance of Executive Leadership. As Vice President of Sales, you will provide leadership on national accounts and vision to both drive the business forward and provide an exceptional brand experience to our consumers.
- Sales Analytics and Forecasting
- Negotiating Skills and Closing Deals
- Cross-Functional Communication and Collaboration
- Build Relationships with New and Existing Customers
- Develop Brand Strategy and Awareness
- Create Promotions to Increase Product Visibility
- Drive accounts to profitability across all channels (case goods, upholstery, e-commerce, etc.).
- Managing national accounts with team of 10 individuals.
- Track, forecast and translate reports to measure ROI.
- Drive channel goals by developing and updating brand strategic plans for websites (Brand priorities, industry trends, and customer insight).
- Establish KPIs and metrics to track and report on performance of processes and transform data into actionable insights and recommendations.
- Implement and execute strategic plan for leveraging the eCommerce marketplace to grow the business, focusing on sales trends, promotional opportunities, and marketing activities.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Merchandising teams to create compelling online product listings (Including: Product images, descriptions, features, shipping details and item specifications).
- Manage digital product catalog to ensure accuracy and consistency of all brand and product content.
- Address consumer product questions and resolve complaints in a timely manner.
- Analyze performance metrics for the online marketplace and provide insights on overall performance by creating weekly reports.
- Track weekly performance metrics and implement strategy to prove sales from both channel and SKU level.
- Ensures complete and on-time order fulfillment, chargeback minimization and operations metrics compliance.
- Demonstrate strong strategic sales and negotiation skills.
- Assist in merchandising, marketing, product position and site promotions or “spot lights.”
- Coordinate with Warehouse for Product Allocation needs.
- Execute Promotional Sales Activities by meeting or exceeding assigned goals/quotas.
- Develop monthly ecommerce forecast and budget, including traffic, sales, conversion and AOV. Provides weekly reporting and insight into ecommerce performance.
- Partner with leadership in Customer Experience and Sales Operations to drive performance and customer satisfaction throughout the sales cycle.
- Manage ecommerce revenue and P&L objectives by improving conversion rates and increasing the number of online purchases.
- Directs and tracks digital ad buys for .com partners and oversees related agencies for search, SEO, display, affiliate and social to support brand awareness, offline channels and ecommerce.
- Manage and drive improvements to ecommerce P&L, including revenue, margin and expense improvement.
- Manage and communicate cross channel marketing and promotional plans and work closely with Executive Leadership to execute strategies in all .com platforms.
Professional Development/Team Building
- Foster a positive work environment.
- Develops and manages the Sales Team to be customer-focused, innovative, fast and team-oriented by providing day-to-day leadership and management to grow the business.
- BA in business, sales, marketing or related field required.
- MBA/MFA is required.
- Must have experience with big box retailers!
- Successful experience in both B2B ecommerce channels preferred.
- 12+ years direct and successful eCommerce Sales and/or B2B Sales role.
- 12+ years of people management experience, preferably at Director Level and above or equivalent.
- Ability to build rapport with clients.
- Strong knowledge of internet marketing tactics and strategy.
- Must be able to “close deals” and provide good solutions when things arise.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written.
- Proficient with MS Office (Advanced Excel required).
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and must be able to work under pressure.
- Must be results-oriented and able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of the home furnishings wholesale market, sales channel distribution, and experience with the furniture industry preferred.
· Los Angeles, CA | On-Site
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Abbyson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Abbyson complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
All. Together. Now.