The Sr. Manager, Sales Operations – US Biopharma will be responsible for all sales operational activities, including forecasting, building and implementing sales reports and analytics, building incentive compensation programs, sales force structuring, sizing, targeting and deployment, business systems, and data management. Prepares and summarizes sales analysis to identify key trends and identify opportunities to maximize sales force effectiveness. Maintains sales analytics and customer relationship management (CRM) tools for the sales team and management. Supports regional business directors and key account managers and collaborates with internal stakeholders.
- Assists in the planning, direction, and development of integrated processes.
- Proactive leader who manages workload and deadline requirements; prioritizes and allocates resources.
- Builds and provides geographical sales analysis, including trend analysis, strategic planning, regional data, product rankings, market segmentation, call analysis, and other miscellaneous sales reports.
- Applies strategic and competitive market intelligence within department analytics and collaborates with Marketing, Marketing Analytics, Medical Affairs, and Market Access to align forecasts with sales targets.
- Provide strategic and visionary recommendations; review the analysis and business drivers based on competitive trends and contract award drivers.
- Builds and analyzes focused programs for the sales team, including special recognition programs.
- Build field incentive compensation program and monitor and track field force impact on IC and adherence to call plan through updated reporting.
- Develops analytical tools for the sales team, and is responsible for upkeep of sales reports.
- Analyzes territory trends such as customer type, customer calls, GPO contracts, and sales results in order to maximize sales force effectiveness.
- Assist in training new field-based employees on applicable sales reporting tools and territory management practices.
- Communicates findings, trend analyses, and recommendations verbally and in writing to management and other stakeholders.
- Develops and manages reporting templates and dashboards used to analyze and interpret sales data.
- Ensure data quality of all outgoing reports and analyses.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and develop or enhance tools to assist in the work deliverables.
- Evaluate financial results of relevant business areas in Sales and Marketing. Identify and analyze appropriate market/product trends and provide summary reports of monthly KPI’s to sales leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or equivalent experience preferred.
- Must be analytical, and collaborative, have excellent organization skills, with the ability to prioritize projects.
- Minimum of 7 years of pharmaceutical/biotech experience, including 3 years of demonstrated success/leadership in pharmaceutical/biotech sales operations and sales analytic experience with supporting a field sales organization.
- A minimum of 2 years of oncology and biosimilar experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in implementation and or management of CRM platforms, developing and managing incentive compensation programs, sales reports & analytics, and business systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Experience in building and leading a sales operation/analytics team when applicable.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Excel with proficiency in Word and PowerPoint; Access and Qlik Sense data visualization software experience preferred.
- Excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills.