JOB DESCRIPTION + ROLE
JOB TITLE: DIRECTOR OF SALES & OPERATIONS
REPORTS TO: CEO and VP of Finance & Operations
LOCATION: New York, NY (In-Office)
*RECRUITING AGENCY EXPERIENCE REQUIRED*
STAFFED INC. is a nationwide staffing agency, specialized in experiential events and hospitality. Our passion is connecting people with opportunities, and we are always looking to add new talent with exemplary leadership skills to our team. We hire charismatic storytellers, engaging energies, and hospitality experts. Connecting our clients with polished professionals who not only enjoy, but take pride in their work, elevating the element of customer experience.
STAFFED INC. is looking for a passionate change agent who will lead the management of our workplace culture and sales operations and team. The Director of Sales & Operations is a Senior member of the leadership team, setting the direction and execution plan for STAFFED INC.’s overall mission and multi-departmental sales and people strategies.
As the Director of Sales & Operations, you will have pronounced visibility within the company, developing and promoting operational policies and procedures. You will oversee and manage the Event Staffing Team, Placements Team and Talent Acquisitions Teams and will work closely with the finance team to manage profitability of your team and overall sales goals as well as Operations team, and manage the relationship building/sales functionality of the team, enhance internal processes, inspire and drive relationships, and oversee effectiveness of the internal training program, including the People Department to support all necessary initiatives, working toward a company culture of encouragement and accountability.
As senior member of the leadership team you will collaborate across the organization with department managers to ensure smooth operation of systems and processes. Our team’s goal is to be scalable and sustainable, encouraging efficiency, effectiveness and people-centered thoughtfulness.
- Plan, manage and direct STAFFED INC.’s Event Staffing Team and Placements Team.
- Strategically expand the permanent placement division through existing client accounts; as well as talent acquisition through proactive and passive recruitment.
- In close collaboration with the CEO, lead business development strategic planning.
- Collaborate and strategize with the Operations team on operational activities while establishing and incorporating our brand and business strategies across the agency.
- Develop and implement efficient and cost-effective departmental policies and procedures according to current and future objectives.
- Maintain, collaborate and build Operational Protocol Guidelines with the Operations team.
- Collaborate with the CEO to construct and meet the goals across managed departments while providing expertise and guidance on operational projects and systems.
- Regularly assess policies and procedures across departments while offering strategies for improvement and streamlining of processes.
- Support the CEO, Operations and Peoples Team in the development and establishment of the STAFFED INC.’s organizational structure, marketing strategy and hiring pipeline.
- Participate as needed in the People Department onboarding and training process of hired management-level team members.
- Collaborate with the People Department to develop and provide frameworks and associated materials for department managers to train and support their team members.
- Obtain reports from all department managers on the successes and obstacles of their departments.
- Ensure that departmental decisions and project plans are in line with STAFFED INC.’s business plan and vision.
- Using End of Year assessment tools, forecast expected activity levels for the incoming year and establish and oversee budgets across all departments.
- Collaborate with the Sales Department and Placements Division to identify quarterly goals for the departments and individual team members within them.
- Collaborate with the People Department to establish and present periodic performance reports and metrics to the CEO.
- Work closely with the Finance Department to successfully run bi-weekly payroll across the field and corporate teams.
- Promote and encourage safe working practices using STAFFED INC.’s safe reporting policies and procedures.
- Travel for this role is required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Talent Operations.
- Recruiting Agency Experience - Required
- 5+ years of relevant operations experience in hospitality, catering, or event management.
- Strong analytical skills and proven experience developing and refining recruiting-related reporting and analytics.
- Direct experience with scaling and multi-divisional growing business of $8-10MM, preferably in staffing & recruitment.
- A flexible schedule that adjusts to the needs of the business.
- Strong project management skills and operational rigor, with the ability to translate vision into planning, prioritization, and action.
- Experience in budgeting and resource planning.
- Proficiency with Google Suite.
- Must be authorized to work within the United States.
- Multi-State operations and labor laws experience is preferred.
- Motivation to increase efficiency and identify issue areas.
- Experience within and ability to thrive in a fast paced, high growth work environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, with strong leadership and relationship-building skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail, able to develop and maintain a highly organized work environment.
- STAFFED INC. Sales Commission Structure
- Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits (Medical, Dental, & Vision)
- Paid - Time Off
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of what we do. We are committed to fostering a workforce that feels empowered and valued, not regardless of, but in celebration of identity and background. We understand the importance and impact of bringing different ideas and perspectives to the conversation while serving clients and engaging in partnerships within various industries.
We not only embrace diversity and inclusion, we thrive on it. Our goal is to continue building a team where members of different views, skills and passions, can show up to work authentically as themselves. Our approach is to equip our teams with the best training and resources to excel in whatever role they are in - supporting an inclusive and diverse environment.
STAFFED INC. is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals. As defined by the ADA, reasonable accommodations are changes or adjustments in a workplace, allowing eligible candidates with a disability to perform the essential functions of a particular job to a satisfactory standard. Examples of reasonable accommodations may include:
● Acquiring or modifying equipment or devices
● Modified work schedules
● Providing an interpreter
● Making the work environment readily accessible to individuals with disabilities
The duties and responsibilities described in this job description are not a comprehensive list. Additional tasks not listed above may be assigned and the scope of the job may change as necessary by business demands.
While STAFFED INC. appreciates all applicants, only those qualified will be contacted. We thank you for your interest and look forward to connecting with you!