Compass is looking for a Sales Operations Manager to join our business to support our Sales Marketing Director and manage the sales operations function. This includes managing sales data and reporting, managing the delivery of reward & recognition programs for maximum effect, and leading the sales operations function to achieve optimal performance and operation for the sales team on a daily basis. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the car hire sector or other mobility solutions and a proven track record of success in sales operations.
Compass is a market leader in the supply of replacement vehicles and accident management services. We assist our customers with accident management services, repairer selection and providing them with a hire vehicle during the time their car is off-road being repaired.
Our Mission is: "to reduce the inconvenience of a motor vehicle accident"
Our company values are care and passion, courage, trust and a can-do attitude. We hold true to this set of core values that guide everything we do. We deeply value our people, recognising their importance in driving our success. We believe in fostering an inclusive work environment where everyone feels valued and respected which is essential for unleashing the full potential of our diverse team. We are fueled by a genuine passion for delivering exceptional service to our customers. Going above and beyond is not just a goal; it's ingrained in our DNA. We strive to exceed expectations and make a positive impact every step of the way.
About the role
The Sales Operations Manager holds a key leadership position in the national Sales & Marketing team. Reporting to the Sales & Marketing Director, the role is responsible for driving and ensuring optimum sales performance and excellence. The role is instrumental in leading our salespeople
to success, implementing agreed-upon sales strategies and plans that will deliver the business goals of the organisation.
- Business Development: Conduct business development and Key Account sales activity for market share growth through all major channel segments across our business units.
- Sales and Budget Execution: Contribute to sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes and sales strategy implementation.
- Market Insights: Understand the market, partner trends, and opportunities to maximise business success. Analyse partner network analysis to identify opportunities and challenges and provide data to support strategic decision-making.
- Reward and Recognition: manage sales financial planning and ensure incentive reward and recognition programs are delivered with maximum effect to enable the sales team's optimal performance and operation on a daily basis.
- System: Support the Sales and Marketing Director in the system development life cycle for sales and customer-related processes across the various IT systems.
- Partner Experience: Ensure superior partner experiences, uniform standards, and compliance with business operating model and process. Conduct regular analysis of the Partner network to ensure optimal performance is being realised.
- Capability: Enhance capabilities of the sales team spanning workflow processes, sales roles, productivity tools & data and specialised support services.
- Collaboration: Work jointly with business stakeholders and end-users across sales, finance, customer service and marketing to document business requirements
- Reporting & Compliance: Manage day-to-day operations using reports, assess results, and ensure compliance with standards, regulations, company policies, and legal requirements.
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- Leadership skills: Proven experience in leadership with direct involvement in motivating and developing a team to achieve key sales objectives.
- Exceptional customer service delivery: Experience in fostering a culture focused on delivering exceptional customer service.
- Geographically dispersed team leadership: Experience in working with teams dispersed across multiple locations to collaborate effectively.
- Strategic and operational responsibility: A proven track record of following an existing operating model, with significant experience in sales planning, execution, and management.
- Financial acumen: Knowledge of business and financial concepts, including key performance metrics, sufficient for extracting and interpreting information to inform decisions and presenting them to the business.
- Strong IT capability: Excellent command of IT systems and sales tools, Salesforce or other CRM software and Microsoft Office.
- Effective communication: Professional verbal and written communication skills, with confident and influential communication and presentation abilities.
- Commercially driven: Commercially minded with experience initiating and supporting company initiatives to drive commercial outcomes. Demonstrated ability to achieve key sales targets and objectives.
If this sounds like you and you want to work for a fast-paced, exciting company with high employee engagement then please apply!