The position involves driving Revenue Accounting & Assurance vertical for all India Operations, covering Company Owned Stores, Franchise Operations, Online Business, B2B and Market Place Operations. The position is responsible for ensuring completeness as well as accuracy of Revenue being reported and building appropriate financial governance around revenue reporting & collection management to ensure there are no possible leakages.
The Position would be responsible for the following deliverables.
- Strengthen controls and adequate discipline around timely accounting and reporting of Revenue for across all business channels
- Setting up adequate controls around customer refunds to minimize gaps
- Perform regular reconciliation and analysis of revenue streams including Payment Gateway recons, Balance Sheet balances (inflow, outflow, revenue, deductions) and periodic ERP vs Billing systems reconciliations
- Establish adequate controls around revenue vs collection reconciliations to minimize cash leakages and ensure that entire collection is received as per aligned TATs
- Oversee billing, credit adjustments, and refunds on monthly basis.
- Establish controls around credits assigned to all B2B Customers to ensure there are no unauthorized credit shipments
- Responsible for evaluating Flow of Promotions as well as Schemes build in the system
Maintain, design, and implement controls as appropriate; conduct / support accounting and systems process reviews with external auditors and internal auditors
- Participate in business process and IT systems changes that may affect the company’s ability to identify, monitor, collect or safeguard revenue (e.g., new system implementations/upgrades, new product roll outs, etc.)
- Strengthen Revenue Assurance vertical to identify as well as minimize potential risks
- Work with cross functional Teams to ensure all revenue workflows are duly aligned before
- Develop revenue recognition policies and revenue generation/reporting standards
- Drive adherence to processes pertaining to timely closure of both statutory & internal audits
- People Management
- Build the team, set performance expectations, evaluate performance and guide the team to meet and exceed performance expectations
- Motivating and developing a team to nurture talent and grow internal progression
- Mentor and coach the team for sustained development
- Build a high performance culture
- A CA with 6+ years of experience in Retail/Telecom Entity in driving revenue accounting & controls
- Strong analytics and technology orientation Strong Analytical skills to be able to comprehend large data sets.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills, knowledge of data analytics tools is a plus
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and ever-changing needs/environment
- Relevant demonstrated leadership experience in managing a hi-performance team with a sound understanding of key business drivers
- Strong exposure to driving Financial Controls
- Strong people management & Collaboration skills, as dealing with multiple business and zonal heads and other key verticals in the organization is key critical to the success of this role