The Vice President of Global Sales Strategy, Planning & Operations will be responsible for collaborating with the SVP of Global Sales, along with leadership from all other parts of Global to develop plans for programs and strategic sales initiatives. This person must have strong project management, organizational, collaboration and communication skills to support the Global Sales organization. This is a high business impact role for a candidate who is passionate about taking ownership of managing multiple complex projects in a fast-paced environment, reporting, and tracking to project completion and stepping up to contribute/author well-structured documents using a data-first approach to articulate business impact to our stakeholders and company leadership. This professional should be a strategic thinker and operationally focused while working across cross-functional teams productively and professionally. This is a hands-on role; a successful candidate must be willing and eager to “roll up their sleeves”.
The Vice President of Global Sales Strategy, Planning & Operations reports to the Sr. Vice President of Global Sales. This position is a remote opportunity, however, may be required to report to a SHI Office as required for business needs as determined by SHI management.About Us
Since 1989, SHI International Corp. has helped organizations change the world through technology. We’ve grown every year since, and today we’re proud to be a $14 billion global provider of IT solutions and services.
Over 17,000 organizations worldwide rely on SHI’s concierge approach to help them solve what’s next. But the heartbeat of SHI is our employees – all 6,000 of them.
If you join our team, you’ll enjoy:
- Our commitment to diversity, as the largest minority- and woman-owned enterprise in the U.S.
- Continuous professional growth and leadership opportunities.
- Health, wellness, and financial benefits to offer peace of mind to you and your family.
- World-class facilities and the technology you need to thrive – in our offices or yours.
The Vice President of Global Sales Strategy, Planning & Operations leads a team (currently 5 people) that provides sales support to enable sales to be effective and successful. The primary areas of responsibility are Sales Operations and Learning & Development, and requires collaboration with Growth Marketing, Global Sales Strategic Alliances & Growth, L&D, pre-sales solutions teams and Finance.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate Annual Planning deliverables such as territory design and management, forecasting and quota setting.
- Manage the execution of the team’s targets, including segmentation of business goals, measurement of goal attainment, evolving and driving various demand generation campaigns and proposing improvements to the business to increase effectiveness and sales productivity.
- Own and manage the rhythm of the business activities such as Monthly Business Reviews and other weekly cadences such as forecasting, pipeline management and weekly business reviews.
- Collaborate with the SVP of Global Sales to develop programs and solutions for the field sales organization in Global.
- Team with the VP’s, Directors & other leaders to develop plans for adoption of programs & campaigns that are developed for their respective markets and in alignment with the overall Global segment’s key initiatives.
- Work with marketing to manage collateral & content development for client facing and internal enablement activities.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree (Business or IT preferred)
- 12+ years of successful sales experience in the technology field
- 6+ years of IT Sales Management Experience
- 3+ years in a Director level position
- Strategy development and coaching experience
- Experience working with large, complex accounts
- Successful track record of working in a matrixed environment in a $2b+ sized organization.
- Excellent presentation skills and experience presenting to large groups is required.
- Collaborative, dynamic leader able to drive change in an established company
- Highly motivated
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint