Greater Boston area
- 8 years of sales, sales support or operations experience
- Order fulfillment, compliance and revenue recognition
- Contract review and negotiation
- CRM ( salesforce.com ), ERP ( Microsoft Dynamics NX ) and CRM data analysis
My Client is solving critical manufacturing challenges by designing and manufacturing innovative, high quality products, providing the best customer service, and consistently meeting or exceeding customers’ expectations. As a result of it's growth, a new role has been created for a Sales Operations Manager. This role will focus on modernizing and optimizing commercial order fulfilment processes from the moment a customer purchase order is received until it ships from the factory.
The ideal Candidate will have a business background, contract review skills, knowledge of shipping processes and financial concepts such as export compliance and revenue recognition and pricing. Salesforce.com or similar, CRM analysis skills and Microsoft Dynamics NX or similar ERP system are required.
This high visibility position requires strong cross-functional team leadership skills, and the ideal candidate must be able to seamlessly communicate among customers, factory production operations, IT, and our inside and outside sales teams.
To succeed, one must possess strong organizational skills, attention to detail, negotiation skills and good communication and interpersonal skills with a professional approach.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Own and continuously improve the efficiency of commercial purchase order receipt and acceptance processes as the focal point and initial reviewer of contracts and purchase orders. In direct contact with customers, verify order pricing, credit, terms, and conditions against quotations or other master agreements and negotiate modifications when necessary.
- Develop improved processes for internal purchase order overseas business units including finished product inventory management in our European warehouse.
- Promptly reply to inquiries from customers or sales team members regarding order shipment status and delivery inquiries. Work closely with production planners and product managers to prioritize orders and commit to ship dates. Attend regular production planning and prioritization meetings.
- Manage a team of sales administrators and coordinators responsible for order fulfillment, contract negotiation, export compliance, and shipping.
- Create and execute processes and procedures to ensure Salesforce.com data integrity for improved sales and marketing analytics to aid in strategic decision making. Investigate ways to utilize Salesforce.com to achieve better sales and marketing process efficiencies, and positively impact our customers’ experience.
- Maintain and update CRM price books and external price lists for multiple regions with input from Product Management. Create systems for tracking price history.
- Use your knowledge of customer activities and market conditions to contribute to bookings forecasting using Salesforce.com CRM, input from sales team members, and historical bookings data.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or another relevant field
- Understanding of basic finance concepts such as revenue recognition, export compliance, incoterms
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in a Sales, Sales Support, or Operations Role
- Contract review and negotiation experience is required
- Manufacturing experience a plus
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 environment a plus
- Demonstrated success in collaboration and teamwork across multiple functional teams
- Attention to detail and good time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX, Adobe Acrobat DC, or DocStar a plus
- Experience with Salesforce.com, or other CRM, a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills for working with customers and in-house personnel. Must be an effective communicator (verbal and written) both within internal and external customers
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment while focusing on the task at hand
Our Client offers a collaborative and innovative work environment where individuals are recognized for their successes financially and with advancement opportunities. Competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package includes the choice of three health plans, a Health Savings Account with employer contributions which can be converted to a retirement savings account, a matching 401K, paid vacation and holidays and more.