We'd love to hear from you if you like:
About the opportunity:
- Scaling a business that has traction (40X revenue growth in 4 years | #1 rated app in the insurance comparison category)
- Working directly with our founders and seasoned leaders who have scaled companies like Robinhood, Amazon, LinkedIn, Wayfair, SoFi, Microsoft, etc.
- Solving complex problems in a huge market ($2T market size)
- Making a big impact with a Forbes Top Startup Employer
We are on a mission to disrupt the car ownership experience and help people who rely on their vehicles everyday save time and money on one of their most expensive, time-consuming and high-maintenance assets. Simplifying and democratizing car ownership and creating a world class experience is what drives every decision we make as a company. Since launching our mobile app in 2019, we have amassed over 4M customers, and expanded beyond insurance shopping to refinancing, safety and repairs.
We are looking for a highly ambitious VP, Strategic Partnerships to lead our business development function. Reporting to our founder/CEO, you will work closely with our entire executive suite including the general managers who each own the P&L of our various product verticals. You will lead a small team and own all partner relationships including new and existing partnerships, ranging from national and regional insurance carriers, lending partners, auto shops, and strategic distribution partners. If you’re looking for an opportunity to scale a business that is solving a tangible problem in a huge market, led by a brilliant team, with strong product market fit, we’d love to hear from you.How you will make an impact:
What we are looking for:
- Identify new partnership opportunities, evaluate market trends, perform economic evaluations, propose and define appropriate deal terms, and develop strategies to help Jerry grow sustainably and profitably
- Build and nurture deep relationships with property and casualty insurance carriers, lending partners, auto shops, and strategic B2B2C partners to further our customer growth strategy
- Manage on all key partner accounts, nurture the relationships, proactively identify pain points and develop solutions to further strengthen our partnerships, and ensure we are continuously adding value to our key partners
- Ensure Jerry stays ahead of the market by continuously monitoring and anticipating customer, market and technology trends and providing feedback to the leadership team
- Partner with other departments to develop strategic partnerships or alliances that can help Jerry achieve its long term goals
- Structured problem-solver: You’re a logical thinker and make decisions based on data, but also have good instincts when data is limited.
- Tenacious: You’re comfortable navigating high-stakes, conflict-laden situations, and can act quickly and decisively with diplomacy and tact.
- Strong communicator: You communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences and can masterfully tailor your approach to suit the circumstances.
- Owner: No challenge is too complex, no issue is too hard.
Jerry is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, reproductive health decisions or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM, economics, or related discipline
- Experience leading business development at an earlier stage startup
- Comfortable with frequent travel. You will be expected to visit our partners as needed.
Jerry is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jerry is America’s first and only AllCar™ app. We are redefining and radically improving how people manage owning a car, one of their most expensive and time-consuming assets.
Backed by artificial intelligence and machine learning, Jerry simplifies and automates owning and maintaining a car while providing personalized services for all car owners' needs. We spend every day innovating and improving our AI-powered app to provide the best possible experience for our customers. From car insurance and financing to maintenance and safety, Jerry does it all.
We are the #1 rated and most downloaded app in our category with a 4.7 star rating in the App Store. We have more than 4 million customers — and we’re just getting started.
Jerry was founded in 2017 by serial entrepreneurs and has raised more than $242 million in financing.
Join our team and work with passionate, curious and egoless people who love solving real-world problems. Help us build a revolutionary product that’s disrupting a massive market.