The Revenue Ops analyst will collect, analyze, interpret, and apply sales and marketing data to improve decision-making, accelerate revenue growth and drive related business outcomes.
This position will transform raw data into useful information, actionable insights, key metrics and easy to understand explanations that answer important sales and marketing questions for company staff and stakeholders.
This position is integral in the company pursuit of a data driven operating model (DDOM).
Duties & Responsibilities
This position requires a mix of technical, analytical, and soft skills to effectively analyze data and communicate their findings. Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Work with stakeholders and management to prioritize business information needs.
- Solicit and collaborate with business stakeholders to understand what data and cascading information is most helpful in aiding the most important business outcomes.
- Identify primary, secondary, and other data sources and the tools to extract, integrate or sync data.
- Use query tools to extract data from different types of business systems.
- Streamline data collection methods to create automated and easy-to-use routines.
- Append first- and third-party data to a data lake or customer data platform.
- Apply validation rules to identify data quality issues and apply technology to resolve data quality issues where possible.
- Perform data analysis to assess the quality and meaning of data.
- Perform data mining and Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA) to identify, analyze, and interpret patterns and trends for predictive analytics. We seek forward-looking information.
- Prepare dashboards and reports for management stating trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data.
- Work with sales managers and practitioners to identify process improvement opportunities and quantify those opportunities so they can be prioritized.
- Present and effectively communicate data findings and insights to sales and marketing business practitioners.
Required Skills & Abilities
Competencies required for this role include the following:
- Critical thinking, including the ability to approach problems logically and make informed decisions based on data.
- Business development, sales, digital marketing domain expertise.
- Problem-solving, including coming up with solutions to business problems using data-driven approaches.
- Communication skills, including clearly conveying findings, both written and orally, to non-technical stakeholders.
- Business analyst skills, including strong conversation skills to elicit objectives and requirements from staff and management.
- Analytical skills, including the ability to visualize and measure data flows with business processes. This includes data mapping techniques, such as Universal Process Notation (UPN), the Component Business Model (CBM) or Agile Value Stream Mapping.
- Create highly visual dashboards and reports to communicate insights to stakeholders.
Technical skills required for this role include the following:
- Data governance, including data privacy, security, regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Data management, quality, query (SQL), modeling, and integration skills.
- Database access, retrieval, manipulation and modeling skills.
- Business Intelligence (BI) tools such as Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx
- Predictive analytics tools.
- Experience working with Data append, maintenance and enrichment tools.
- Preferred exposure to MarTech, including Marketing Automation Platforms (MAP) such as Adobe Marketo, HubSpot, Microsoft Dynamics Marketing or Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Customer Data Platforms, such as the Adobe CDP, Dynamics Insights or Data Cloud.
- CRM systems such as Microsoft Dynamics CE or Salesforce.
- Sales Tech, including Sales Enablement, Sales Operations, and sales processes.
- Knowledge of programming languages, such as Python (including libraries like pandas, numpy, and scikit-learn for data manipulation and analysis) and R (for statistical analysis and data visualization) are helpful, but not required.
- Data Lakes and enterprise data warehouses.
- AI and machine learning skills are highly regarded.
Required Education and/or Certifications
- Bachelors Degree Required (preferred concentrations in one of the following: Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics, Marketing)
- Digital Marketing Certifications
What you can expect from us:
- Our shared values that foster inclusion and belonging including uncompromising integrity, collaboration, trust, and mutual respect
- The opportunity to innovate and do work that motivates and engages you
- A collaborative environment focused on enabling you to further your career growth and continuous professional development
- Competitive compensation and a total rewards package that focuses on all aspects of your wellbeing
- Flexibility to do impactful work and the time to enjoy your life outside of work
- Opportunities to connect and learn from professionals from different backgrounds and with different cultures
Cherry Bekaert, ranked among the largest assurance, tax and advisory firms in the U.S., serves clients across industries in all 50 U.S. states and internationally. “Cherry Bekaert” is the brand name under which Cherry Bekaert LLP and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC, independently owned entities, provide professional services in an alternative practice structure in accordance with applicable professional standards. Cherry Bekaert LLP is a licensed CPA firm that provides attest services, and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC and its subsidiary entities provide business advisory and non-attest services spanning the areas of transaction advisory, risk and accounting advisory, digital solutions, cybersecurity, tax, benefits consulting, and wealth management. For more details, visit cbh.com/disclosure.
Cherry Bekaert cares about our people. We offer competitive compensation packages based on performance that recognize the value our people bring to our clients and our Firm. The salary range for this position is $55,000 to $158,125. In addition, we offer a comprehensive, high-quality benefits program which includes annual bonus, medical, dental, and vision care; disability and life insurance; generous Paid Time Off; retirement plans; Paid Care Leave; and other programs that are dedicated to enhancing your personal and work life and providing you and your family with a measure of financial protection.
Cherry Bekaert provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Candidates must demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States. Cherry Bekaert will not provide work sponsorship for this position.
Cherry Bekaert LLP and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC are members of Allinial Global, an accountancy and business advisory global association. Visit us at cbh.com/careers and follow us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
© 2023 Cherry Bekaert. All Rights Reserved.