SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy and all genders are welcome. Simply click APPLY ONLINE and follow the steps to upload your application.
Responsible for the representation and leadership of PUMA footwear, apparel & accessory products within Alternative Specialty accounts. Cultivation of strong relationships with internal and external alternative specialty teams. Drive a sustainable and profitable business based upon brand priorities and consumer trends.
- Manage & direct selling of footwear, apparel & accessories for the PUMA brand for all genders.
- Proactive account management: Continual sales analysis to manage product life cycles, inventory models and rates of sale. Identify opportunities to improve existing business, attack new business opportunities and quickly address business challenges with well-thought-out solutions.
- Work in close partnership with the internal PUMA Cross-Functional Teams: Account Service, Marketing, Merchandising, Planning, Sales Operations, Accounting & Credit to provide the highest level of “customer happy” service and product expertise from sell-in to sell-thru, driven by PUMA strategic goals.
- Coordinate, prepare and execute seasonal product sell-in presentations. Strong, strategic negotiation & presentation skills; developing and using effective strategies to persuade and gain retailer support. Builds a strong case by linking PUMA product knowledge and know-how to customers’ interests, needs and goals.
- Drive Best-In-Class experience with PUMA business and the retailer; partnering to maximize strong assortments for both brick and mortar as well as digital.
- Formalized sales reporting and analysis of all retailer metrics, trends, insights-sales, inventory, gross margin, customer data, via vendor wholesale portals & reports.
- Identify opportunities to improve existing business, attack new business opportunities and quickly address business challenges/hurdles with well vetted solutions.
- Knowledge and discipline to adhere to distribution guidelines.
- Build exceptionally strong relationships and communication with retail partners.
- Partner with PUMA licensees to execute PUMA full family, head-to-toe.
- Monitor competitor’s activities and performance; implementing strategies and tactics to compete.
- Showroom product set up, maintenance, assist in processing retailer product sample requests/shipments.
- Duties subject to change as the business evolves. Special projects as needed.
- Understanding of E-commerce landscape to drive sales digitally.
- Market travel at least 1x per month to stay informed of trends and account opportunities.
- 6+ years of footwear and/or apparel selling or retail buying/merchandising/planning experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to build lasting professional relationships.
- Communication skills (both oral and written) and the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Inquisitive and curious to ask thought provoking questions that develop an understanding of business needs and opportunities.
- Strong presentation skills to influence, command attention, story tell and close the sale.
- Demonstrate strong initiative, high energy, curiosity, and a strategic mind set. Be detail oriented with ability to prioritize and provide complete follow through on all responsibilities and KPIs.
- Must have a sense of urgency to analyze a high volume of data/activity to meet tight deadlines.
- Possess strong analytical skills and working knowledge of retail math financial metrics: sales, inventory, turn, gross margin $, open to buy & order book management.
- Working and continued knowledge of national trends and the competitive landscape.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word as well as experience using Power-Bi.
- Travel to account, pertinent markets, regional/national sales meetings, and corporate offices.
The Hiring range base pay for this position is $109,200 - $155,350 + Bonus + Benefits
(Benefit Summary Corporate)
Pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience
PUMA supports over 19,000 employees across 120+ countries. The PUMA Group owns the brand PUMA, Cobra Golf and stichd, and is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany.
PUMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of PUMA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.