Win Brands Group has recently become aware of the fraudulent use of our name on job postings and via recruiting emails that are illegitimate and not in any way associated with us.
Win will never ask you to provide sensitive personal information as part of the recruiting process, such as your social security number; send you any unsolicited job offers or employment contracts; require any fees, payments or access to any financial accounts; and/or conduct text-only interviews.
If you suspect you are being scammed or have been scammed online, you may report the crime to the Federal Bureau of Investigation and obtain more information regarding online scams at the Federal Trade Commission. If you have questions about the authenticity of any communication sent purportedly by or on behalf of Win, we encourage you to contact us here.
About The Role
We are looking for an experienced Director of Sales: Outdoor Channel to join our team to create and execute sales plans to achieve growth in our total wholesale channel. This is a crucial role in growing our business and promoting all Win brands. This position requires strong sales leadership skills, excellent communication, and an ability to work nimbly to support sales growth for the brands in Win's portfolio. This role will report directly to the VP of Wholesale.
What You'll Do
- Partner with the VP of Wholesale to develop growth and distribution strategy by channel, by market and by product to create and achieve top line sales targets on a seasonal basis
- Develop accurate forecasts by channel and key accounts that monitor and interpret past and present sales trends to forecast the future
- Analyze and report on regional and key account performance, pinpoint open areas of distribution and communicate updates to the business on a monthly and quarterly basis to the business, highlighting growth strategies, identifying performance trends, opportunities and flagging potential headwinds
- Nurture and manage relationships with majors and oversee specialty partners
- Drive profitability within channels, regularly reviewing the P&L analysis on an account and regional level along with the VP of Global Wholesale to ensure this is improving on a YOY basis
- Collaborate with the major department stores to increase sales, assure brand standards and create a strong, significant partnership befitting WIN brands within their portfolio
- Analyze weekly sales reports to make business driving recommendations to the buying teams
- Identify and secure new business opportunities by utilizing majors and specialty relationships to convey product and customer feedback to design and merchandising teams
- Partner with the marketing and creative departments to develop and coordinate special events, build and leverage Trade Marketing & Co-op budget to support and drive sales
- Participate in seasonal markets and action market preparation, including preparation and execution of seasonal trade events
- Responsible for overseeing management of order entry (NetSuite, EDI, Brandwise and other platforms), changes, confirmations, and processing as well as generating reorders as required
- Track and Monitor shipping and credit status daily along with Ops and Accounting teams
- Work with Production and Sales Operations to ensure customer orders are being properly managed
- Partner with internal departments to establish strong working relationships and effective communication
- Monitor any direct reports and sales groups performance through the year to ensure KPIs are being met
What You'll Bring
- Excellent interpersonal skills , with the ability to communicate effectively across the company.
- At least 6 years of experience in sales leadership
- Strong financial skills including a deep understanding of retail math
- Proven track record in line planning, financial planning and GM and dilution management
- Adept in balancing a strategic approach to the business and also being hands-on in overseeing day to day operations
- Proven ability to maximize sales and leverage business development opportunities
- Holistic understanding of product life cycle: concept, development, and production
- Leading sales reps in building opportunity pipelines.
- Outdoor industry experience preferred
- Negotiation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and/or Google Suite
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to travel (on average between 5-10 days per month)
- Ability to think strategically.
At Win, we acquire exceptional, customer-focused companies with a proven track record, then work with our team of world-class experts to take them to the next level. So, instead of trying to scale alone, every brand that joins Win becomes part of a ready-made community and instantly benefits from decades of expertise, as well as pooled resources, shared operational costs, and economies of scale.
It's a tried and trusted model that we've implemented across a broad but carefully curated portfolio spanning everything from customizable apparel and fitness accessories to home fragrances and pet products. But no matter the market, our businesses all share three things in common: an obsession with making their customers happy, a category-defining brand, and clear growth opportunities.
if you are a dynamic professional looking to have an impact on some of the most exciting brands on the market - Let's start a conversation.
Win is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of our staff and inclusive work environment. We recruit qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or citizenship status. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don't hesitate to reach out!
If you are applying for this role, and reside in California, please read our CCPA notice to understand what data we collect and how we'll use it (don't worry, we'll never sell your data)