Do you want to join us on our exciting journey?
Volvo Cars is on an exciting journey, redefining the automotive experience by innovating to make people’s lives less complicated. We offer you a once-in-a-lifetime chance to make an impact in a company with unique opportunities to grow and make a true difference.
What you’ll do
Reporting directly to the Senior New Car Sales Manager UK you will be responsible for delivering analytical information to the wider Commercial Operations group in order to identify challenges and opportunities for achieving business goals and form the basis for commercial decision making. You will also be involved in supporting and developing the channel strategy and recommendations for car line mix.
You will be responsible for producing and analysing data to identify challenges and oppurtunities for achieving our business goals, using accurate data & reporting to create network engagement in line with VCUK commercial objectives as well as managing the creation of data dashboards which analyse business performance against key KPI’s. You will use your insights to support with setting KPI’s and targets for all New Car Sales departments and use your analysis of data to help drive the UK strategy for new cars and promote the EV strategy overdrive.
You must be able to use data effectively to manage and lead the Commercial business area and ensure VCUK delivers against the annual plan and budget, as well as being to create accurate, informative and engaging presentations for use by the Senior New Car Sales Manager when presenting to the retail network and internally. Your contribution to trading meetings from a commercial operations perspective is also expected, providing data and information on performance and being able to evidence how this connects with all relevant departments.
Do you fit the profile?
The ideal candidate should have:
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• A collaborative leader, with experience in building relationships
• Excellent communication skills and experience of communicating at all levels of business including the most senior level
• Situational adaptability in an environment with shifting demands
• Good knowledge of Sales in an automotive environment.
• Ability to take ownership
• The ability to take ownership, accountability and provide solutions and recommendations
• Strong familiarity within new car sales volume strategy and best practice
• Seek information from multiple sources to provide cohesive recommendations
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proactive approach / confident with liaising at EMT level
Benefits & Life at Volvo Car UK
• Discretionary, performance related bonus scheme that rewards you whilst you help us to achieve our goals
• Hybrid working in our agile, state of the art offices or from home when convenient for you and your family
• 28 days holiday + bank holidays (4 fixed & 4 unfixed) + the opportunity to buy up to 5 additional days
• 15 days’ work from anywhere in the world policy
• 24 weeks enhanced and flexible parental leave for all employees regardless of gender up to a child’s 3rd birthday
• Matched pension contribution up to 5%
• Wellbeing benefits such as Health Cash Plan, Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance with Vitality
• 2 paid volunteering / charity days per year
• Access to our preferential employee lease car scheme for you and your family
• Subsidised onsite restaurant plus free refreshments and snacks
• Onsite electrical charging for your Plug-In Hybrid Electric or Battery Electric vehicle.
• A set salary sacrifice spend limit, refreshed every tax year for you to choose from multiple services and products to suit your lifestyle whilst saving on tax and NI within our extensive flexible benefits platform
• Discounted shopping site with 100s of brands and online retailers
Diversify our future
Volvo Cars is an equal opportunities employer. We are a company for people who care about other people and for the world we live in. We celebrate diversity and inclusion in the workplace and are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and employment practices, including hiring, recruiting, and promotion. It’s what you do that counts and we are always looking to expand perspectives and voices to shape our future. With us, you can truly be yourself, embrace new opportunities, thrive and a make a difference.
How to learn more and apply:
We do not accept email applications due to GDPR so we welcome your application via the link provided in this job advertisement by 13th October 2023. For information about the recruitment process, please contact Megan Wassell at Megan.Wassell@volvocars.com.
Who are we?
Everything we do starts with people. Our purpose is to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable and safe way. We are committed to simplifying our customers’ lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones and the people around them.
Volvo Cars’ continued success is the result of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment. The people of Volvo Cars are committed to making a difference in our world. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with over 40,000 employees across the globe. We believe in bringing out the best in each other and harnessing the true power of people. At Volvo Cars your career is designed around your talents and aspirations so you can reach your full potential. Join us on a journey of a lifetime as we create safety, autonomous driving and electrification technologies of tomorrow.