Group Chief Revenue Officer (CRO)
Marketing and Advertising, Services and Consultancy
With offices in 13 countries, 1000 employees and revenue in excess of a €100m, our partner help some of the world’s leading luxury, retail, cosmetic, CPG, hi-tech and automotive companies with their international content, branding and digital marketing strategies.
Since receiving significant funding in 2020, they have made five acquisitions in Europe, the US and China as well as developing their own proprietary technology.
As a result of their exceptional growth they are looking to hire a CRO for the first time. This newly created role is critical to the their growth ambition.
Reporting to the CODIR, the CRO will form part of the Group Executive committee and work very closely with the founders.
Taking responsibility for all aspects of driving the company’s sales, the Head of Sales France, Head of Sales Americas and Head of Sales Asia, will all report directly to the CRO.
Key aspects to the role:
Go to Market Strategy
- Work closely with the CODIR, to develop and execute the go to market strategy.
- Establish both short-term results and long-term strategy, including revenue forecasting and sales target by zone
- Create accountability within the company by developing appropriate metrics and coordinating compensation and promotions with these metrics
- Monitor the strategies and processes across the revenue cycle from customer acquisition to engagement to success
- Oversee all Channel/Partner Development - adding new sales channels and 3rd party partners
- Leverage customer research (quantity and quality) to provide strategic leadership for brand architecture and positioning
- Develop and implement robust global sales management processes – pipeline, account planning, and proposals
- Create a standardised sales process for current and future clients and coordinate its implementation across sales channels, client management, and marketing and communications
- Close and maintain key customer relationships (new and existing), developing and implementing strategies for expanding the company’s customer base in the new and existing markets
- At times, get personally involved on the most strategic deals, customers or partnerships
Leadership & Collaboration
- Recruit, develop, and retain a high performing, global, go to market sales team
- Working closely with the Head of Marketing, develop and implement a targeted global marketing strategy.
- Working closely with the CFO and the COO
- Collaboration with Product Management and Strategic Marketing: offers, pricing strategy, competitive battlecards, etc
- Implement a culture of sales excellence while respecting the main value of the group: Everyone Matters which means that our goal is to develop synergy within the team, bringing everyone together
Key Skills we are looking for:
- Track record of leading sales teams within high growth companies: either as a number one or a seasoned number two of a growth business who is keen to step up
- Evidence of shaping a sales function in a fast-paced industry with a high level of change and dynamism
- A demonstrated execution mindset. Consistent over achievement of quota and revenue goals
- Ability to work cross functionally within the company and to present a single front internally, helping the team present a single vision for our customers
- Strong track record of recruiting, developing and retaining a high performing go to market organisation
- Knowledge of cross-channel marketing, native advertising, programmatic, and the latest trends in digital advertising
- Proven track record of building satisfied, loyal and referenceable customers
- Ideally a background in an international, fast growing company
- Strong technical and operational background - operational capacity to handle practical tasks, coupled with high-level strategic vision
- Track record of implementing and integrating change within a company.
- Prior experience in a company with a Private Equity Shareholder would be advantageous
The Must Haves:
- You 'must' have significant, recent experience in a Services, Consulting, Consultancy background, rather than purely software or technology
- An inspiring leader with a strong team-building spirit. You will inspire, trust, collaboration and fellowship.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, passion and a drive to succeed
- A "problem-solving" approach, responsive, effective & ability to prioritise
- Results orientated, open-minded and able to work closely with peers to achieve the best results
- Capacity to adapt organization and process quickly to drive results
- Excellent communication skills; credibility when explaining the business performance to a wide range of audiences
- Thriving in a multicultural (more than 50 nationalities) and multi-locations (18 offices) environment
- Excellent command of both French and English are required
If your background and experience is in line with the above and you are interested in finding out more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org