Who We Are:
Calm is the leading mental health brand, on a mission to support everyone on every step of their mental health journey. With the #1 app for sleep, meditation and relaxation, Calm’s transformational mindfulness content supports users across seven languages in more than 190 countries.
We are hiring remote workers for this role in the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, or NYC. At this time, only candidates in these locations will be considered.What We Do:
The Calm Business Operations team is driven to make the world happier and healthier by creating leverage for the larger Calm Business organization. We act as trusted partners to the Sales, Marketing, Account Management, Product, Engineering, and People teams, leveraging data to drive continuous improvement and efficiency on all fronts. On the Ops team, we highly value collaboration, learning, and curiosity!What You’ll Do:
Please note this is a 6-month contract role, working approximately 40 hours per week. The hourly rate for this position is $60 per hour.
You will directly contribute to optimizing the speed and efficiency of the Calm Business organization at Calm. You will support the Deal Desk function, managing sales data integrity, performing contract creation and reconciliation, and partnering with the Finance team to streamline invoicing operations. You will also act as a partner to the Sales team, ensuring that all deals are closed with speed, ease, and accuracy. Top candidates will come from B2B backgrounds where they have seen rapid growth and scale, and have shown the ability to create order from ambiguity. This person will be able to work with a high degree of autonomy, and quickly identify errors and discrepancies between contracts and system-of-record data, answering appropriately to solve underlying issues.
Who You Are:
- Be the primary point of contact for sales teams on quote and order form creation
- Shepherd deals through the sales cycle & internal approval process while partnering with the appropriate cross-functional teams
- Ensure opportunities are properly created and tracked in Salesforce, auditing every closed/won opportunity and validating it with the signed contract
- Act as sales-facing subject matter expert on process, policy, and pricing-related matters
- Partner cross-functionally and serve as key liaison and escalation point for sales, account management, finance, and legal on all deal-related topics
- Support our CPQ systems (Salesforce products/pricing and Ironclad)
- Contribute to operational process improvements to increase the effectiveness of Deal Desk
- Create and maintain detailed documentation for all Deal Desk processes
- Manage any required sales contract amendments and addendums
- Manage overall data quality/hygiene and ongoing processes to support data quality
- Effectively prioritize and manage additional ad-hoc requests and responsibilities
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of quote-to-cash process
- Basic knowledge of revenue recognition
- Incredibly detail-oriented
- Highly analytical, solutions-focused
- Very quick learner and comfortable navigating ambiguity
- Works well under pressure, with ruthless prioritization and timely and transparent communication
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to navigate complex cross-functional situations
- Experience with leading sales tools including, but not limited to, SFDC, CPQ, Docusign, and Ironclad
- Can operate with a high degree of autonomy
- Order management experience
- Finance, Consulting, or Investment Banking experience
- Familiarity with with Confluence, Jira, and Asana for documentation and work-planning
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans. Please contact Calm’s Recruiting team if you need a reasonable accommodation or any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Calm participates in e-verify. E-verify provides the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
- Right to Work
- E-Verify Participation