: COLUMBUS,OHHave you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®,Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
More than 20,000 associates in bakeries, sales centers, offices and on sales routes work to ensure our consumers have the freshestproducts at every meal. In addition to competitive pay and benefits, we provide a safe and inclusive work environment that appreciates diversity, promotesdevelopment and allows our associates to be their authentic selves.
The Senior Director of Sales (Sr. DOS) is responsible for leading a market team to create effective sales strategies, execution with excellence, and deliver on accountabilities which play a critical role in the growth of our people and our company. The Sr. DOS is accountable for achieving objectives by ensuring critical field sales initiatives are developed, led, and executed effectively within the business unit. The Sr. DOS is responsible for leading operational strategies, processes, and initiatives to achieve World-Class standards within sales markets and sales centers.Key Job Responsibilities
- Embrace, embody, and lead Direct Store Delivery Excellence (DSDE) best practices and act upon the vision and values of Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU).
- Exemplify the characteristics of BBU and its brands and extend those brand values through daily activities and leadership in the workplace.
- Foster an atmosphere of continuous improvement to include the development of self, teams, and work processes that result in constructive change.
- Lead and develop the team through a disciplined coaching process, utilizing the Leader Standard Work for each role.
- Disseminate broad market strategies to empower Zone Sale Leaders to achieve performance targets.
- Support achievement of zero workplace injuries by following and coaching all BBU safety principles and beliefs within the Grupo Bimbo (GB) safety platform.
- Consistently follow the DSDE Playbook with emphasis on Leader Standard Work.
- Build an engaged Zone Sales Leader team through in-market work, conducting coaching sessions, and implementing action plans for continuous improvement.
- Serve as a conduit between sales and operations; continually working to optimize market-wide operations.
- Partner with HR and Labor teams to create a strategic labor plan for achieving business goals.
- Collaborate with key account stakeholders to ensure exceptional customer and trade relations.
- Own waste elimination by pinpointing excessive labor costs to optimize resource ROI.
- Maintain communication with the value chain to deliver quality products at the lowest landed cost.
- Establish market-wide DSDE Key Objectives and Results (DKORs) that connect to business unit initiatives.
- Coordinate with finance, sales, and marketing to craft strategic promotional plans.
- Assess and initiate strategic reviews of the operational network to optimize efficiencies across sales centers and bakeries.
- Oversee final approval for new routes and structural changes to maintain optimal sales structure
Merchandising Best Practices
- Lead consistent execution of the DSDE World-Class principles in the market and in the sales centers, always operating as a brand steward.
- Coach DSDE standards ensure adherence to brand and store guidelines.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
Education And Work History
- Ability to effectively lead direct reports at the senior manager level.
- Ability to empower and involve associates in planning and decision making.
- Ability to engage and develop others through coaching.
- Ability to establish objectives, ownership of work, and accountability for results.
- Ability to provide operational direction to specific objectives.
- Ability to engage and inspire associates to pursue the BBU vision for growth.
- Ability to support established project objectives, checkpoints, and timelines and lead team members to meet project tasks and expectations.
- Ability to effectively lead process change to implement new processes.
- Ability to expand and guide sales opportunities to accomplish market goals and targets.
- Ability to navigate difficult or ambiguous situations to reach an effective agreement.
- Ability to manage a profit and loss statement for the market budget.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Marketing or related field. MBA is preferred.The Ideal Candidate Will Possess
- 10+ years of management experience in all aspects of food sales.
- Experience leading salaried associates with team responsibility.
- Proven track record of effective leadership including people development and Labor relations experience with union organizations preferred.
- Exceptional knowledge and history of accomplishments in sales and management roles.
- Experience working in or managing an Account Executive role is a plus.
- Require excellent presentation and written/oral communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively negotiate and influence others.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and planning skills.
- Computer skills and proficiency, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, and Word are required.
- Travel is required, 80%.
The physical and mental demands described in each job posting are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of each job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of each job.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employeesregardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, geneticinformation, marital status, veteran status, any other classification protected by law.