Our mission is to unlock human potential. We welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and we embrace individuals who get excited about learning. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion; it’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learnsRole Overview:
The VP, Sales Operations, Enablement & Strategy, will be a key driver in supporting a global sales organization in helping identify and deliver new revenue opportunities, growing revenue from the existing client base and creating a sustainable strategy for the future growth globally of the business. The leader will lead a team that partners with cross functional business leadership to align on the objectives and deliver programs that improve and enable sales capabilities and selling time; process efficiency throughout the revenue engine; data driven decision making; application of proper levels of governance; and optimizing our customers’ experiences.
The VP will be a strategic leader that leads a team that supports a globally distributed multi-segment & multi-disciplinary sales organization and sales operations inclusive of Research and Academic channels. This strategic leader will develop and examine performance data, competitive strategies, and marketplace trends to develop and lead business activities and best practices that grow and sustain revenue.How you will make an impact:
Experience & Profile:
- Create, analyze and evolve Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and the associated reporting for the teams and individual roles.
- Partner closely with sales leadership to identify opportunities to improve performance and achieve targets.
- Create relevant and dynamic dashboards for senior business/sales management, investment partners, distribution partners and sales and marketing teams.
- Stay ahead of sales industry and competitive landscape trends that can help improve sales team acumen and performance.
- Collaborate with stakeholders of all levels across the organization to find opportunities to strengthen our competitive offering.
- Responsible for helping drive company growth and sales strategies to improve and excel operational excellence.
- Ability to execute and motivate large teams across various states to meet performance standards.
- Identify, advocate, and improve brand values and identities, ensuring they are communicated across a variety of sales channels consistently.
- Education: B.A or master’s degree
- 15+ years of Revenue/Sales Operations Experience with specific experience driving the outcomes above.
- Outstanding project management and prioritization skills, with experience leading strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with Executives in Finance, Marketing, Product, and Data Analytics.
- Experience partnering with, advising, and presenting to sales teams, leaders, and executives.
- Technical Skills: Advanced Excel skills, Power BI/, and Salesforce
- Demonstrated ability to set, manage, and track against a set of diverse, strategic KPIs.
- Strong analytical mind with demonstrated experience tracking core business metrics and driving decisions based on that data.
Enabling Discovery, Powering Education, Shaping Workforces.
We clear the way for seekers of knowledge: illuminating the path forward for research and education, tearing down barriers to society’s advancement, and giving seekers the help they need to turn their steps into strides.
Wiley may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: our people. We are willing to challenge the status quo, move the needle, and be innovative. Wiley’s headquarters are in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations across the globe in more than 40 countries.
Wiley is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate all qualified applicants and treat all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Wiley is also committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
We are proud that our workplace promotes continual learning and internal mobility. Our values support courageous teammates, needle movers and learning champions all while striving to support the health and well-being of all employees, for example we offer meeting-free Friday afternoons allowing more time for heads down work and professional development.