National Sales Director - NA - Luxury Skincare
Mission Of The Position
As the National Sales Director (NSD),
your primary responsibility is to develop and implement strategic sales initiatives to drive revenue growth within the United States market with a focus on SPAs (hotel, day and medical spas). You will lead and manage a team of sales professionals, ensuring the achievement of sales targets and fostering strong customer relationships. Your role involves collaborating with cross-functional teams, overseeing sales operations, analyzing market trends, and providing valuable insights to guide business decisions.
You will directly report to the CEO and be based in Los Angeles.Key Responsibilities
Sales Strategy Development:
Team Leadership And Management
- Develop and execute a comprehensive national sales strategy aligned with the company's objectives and market trends.
- Identify and evaluate potential growth opportunities, target markets/channels and consumer segments.
- Set sales targets, quotas and objectives for the team and monitor performance against them.
- Lead, motivate, and manage a team of Regional Sales Directors (RSD) and Business Development Managers (BDM)across different regions within the United States.
- Provide guidance, training, and support to the sales team to optimize their performance and achieve sales goals;
- Conduct regular performance reviews, provide constructive feedback, and implement strategies for individual and team improvement and development.
Key Account Management
- Oversee the day-to-day sales operations, including budgeting, forecasting, and reporting.
- Approve prospects, negotiate new contracts in collaboration with his direct reports, the RSD and the BDM.
- Implement, manage and promote the Brand X concept in the US
- Manage and control pricing and contractual issue;
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders such as marketing, product development and supply chain within the company but also with the corporate office and the X Group subsidiaries to ensure smooth coordination and cost effective execution of sales activities.
- Monitor market trends, competitor activities and consumer behaviors to identify opportunities and recommend appropriate actions.
Sales Analysis And Reporting
- Establish and nurture strong relationships with key accounts, high-profile clients, and business partners.
- Conduct regular business reviews with key accounts to understand their needs, address any concerns, and identify opportunities for growth.
- Manage the profit and loss of key accounts.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop customized sales strategies and promotional activities for key accounts.
Qualifications And Competencies
- Analyze sales data, market trends, and performance metrics to generate actionable insights and recommendations.
- Prepare and present comprehensive sales reports, forecasts, and performance updates to senior management.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate sales strategies, adjusting them as needed to optimize performance and meet business objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or a related field (Master degree preferred)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in business development in the skin care industry
- Proven experience in sales management within the luxury cosmetic industry with demonstrated track record of achieving and exceeding sales targets
- Strong understanding of the luxury cosmetics market, consumer behavior, and industry trends
- Specific knowledge of and/or previous experience in the medical Spa industry is an asset. This includes familiarity with medical spas treatments, services, equipment commonly used in the industry and knowledge of the medical aesthetics market, including emerging trends and new technologies
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate a diverse team
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills for building relationships with key accounts and stakeholders.
- Customer oriented with exceptional negotiation skills and excellent present (to act as a brand ambassador)
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-confident and self motivated
- Action and results oriented
- Willingness to develop to become an invaluable asset for the company;
- Prioritization and time-management skills;
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret sales data and market trends to drive strategic decision-making.
- Proficiency in using CRM systems, sales forecasting tools, and MS Office suite.
- Perfect English, another language is an asset.
- Motivated for extensive traveling – countrywide and should be able to travel freely throughout North America; hours of work must be flexible to meet job objectives