: DALLAS,TXHave you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®,Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
More than 20,000 associates in bakeries, sales centers, offices and on sales routes work to ensure our consumers have the freshestproducts at every meal. In addition to competitive pay and benefits, we provide a safe and inclusive work environment that appreciates diversity, promotesdevelopment and allows our associates to be their authentic selves.
Senior Manager Market Excellence
The Senior Manager, Market Excellence is responsible for ensuring the sustainability of DSD Excellence execution standards and practices by partnering with and working with the DSDE Directors and MSLs.Key Job Responsibilities
- Provide leadership for the DSDE Team in the area of engagement, skill development, and sales operations and become the “go-to” person for Business Unit leadership in the transformation journey.
- Create connections directly to the business unit DSDE Directors to identify areas for operational continuous improvement.
- Contribute to the development of overall DSDE solutions and the variety of work required to conduct DSDE learning labs, pilots and business unit expansions.
- Responsible for the development of world-class processes that drive continuous improvement and that enable in-market execution as well as the engagement and skill development of the sales leaders in our organization.
- Provide leadership for multiple elements of sales operations including: onboarding, training, engagement, communication, tools and resources, and safety.
- Lead the delivery of key performance indicators for revenue, volume and controllable expenses (product flow, inventory and labor) in order to achieve the key objectives for sales centers in assigned DSDE areas.
- Assist in the development of strategic plans to deliver on sales targets in order to grow overall business within existing accounts through the management of and coaching on the order management system.
- Drive capability and accountability for meeting key performance targets; execute procedures and programs to increase engagement, productivity, effectiveness, and quality of work.
- Lead the evaluation and resolution of obstacles to sales leaders’ Leader Standard Work to enable work that maximizes sales growth and freshness improvement.
- Lead the development of coaching and training programs for the roll out of new programs, processes, or tools to the organization.
- Develop strong on-boarding programs for sales leader positions.
- Engage and develop core competencies of the sales leaders through training, coaching, mentoring, and consistent performance feedback.
- Develop frontline engagement processes and tools to enable the organization to improve and drive strong partnerships and performance.
- Create and maintain DSDE world-class sales centers that engage sales people in the marketing strategies and vision of the Company’s brands.
- Assist in the development of strategy and standards for Bakery Outlet Stores to include personnel management and operational execution.
- Assist in the achievement of sales center safety goals, delivery of safety awareness programs to eliminate workplace injuries; and lead DSDE operations to achieve the goal of zero injuries.
- Support “Superior Quality Always” by maintaining and enforcing BBU Food Safety and internal audit standards to ensure a secure and food safe environment.
- Foster an atmosphere of continuous improvement to include the development of self, others, and work processes.
- Perform special projects and assignments as requested by Leadership.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred. A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.Ideal Candidate Will Possess
Key Behavioral Competencies
- 7-10 years of related experience in operations or sales; DSD experience required.
- At least 3 years of experience leading and influencing others.
- A combination of training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- Must have strong operational acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to lead strategically, with a process driven mindset.
- Demonstrated professional facilitation and presentation skills.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively negotiate and influence others.
- Demonstrated project management skills; excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Computer skills and proficiency, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, and Word is required.
- Proficient in BBU systems such as BUSS, PROMPT, ION, Microstrategy and Margin Miner preferred.
- Knowledge of Independent Business Partner contract and sales processes, as well as an understanding of IBP relations and people skills.
- Bilingual - English/Spanish a plus.
- Travel is required, 85%.
- Ability to set and communicate vision that inspires others to follow.
- Ability to lead change by managing through others.
- Ability to establish project objectives, checkpoints and timelines and manage team members to meet project tasks and expectations.
- Ability to implement programs for area of responsibility.
- Ability to exchange complex information effectively to reach agreement in ambiguous or difficult situations.
- Ability to manage a small sub-function.
- Ability to provide clarity to others to accept new ideas or changing concepts and initiates and orchestrates the pace of change.
- Ability to manage a sub-functional budget.
The physical and mental demands described in each job posting are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of each job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of each job.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employeesregardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, geneticinformation, marital status, veteran status, any other classification protected by law.