The Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) is a key member of the Leadership Team at the intersection of strategy, technology, and customer journey. Reporting to the President, this role is tasked with reimagining the traditional revenue generation process for the Company. This position embraces a holistic view of the customer lifecycle to optimize revenue-generating activities through organic, comprehensive, and collaborative sales strategies and operations.
As a member of the Leadership Team, this position plays a vital role in overseeing day-to-day operations across the organization. The Leadership Team is responsible for solving problems and ensuring aligned action and collective responsibility for the Company’s performance and ultimate success. This success includes responsibility for the development of each team member for which this role leads, building a solid communication channel, and addressing challenges and opportunities as they arise.
- Lead the long-term sales strategy, ensuring alignment with overall business goals and emerging market trends.
- Craft and execute the global Wholesale and global Marketplace revenue strategies, identifying opportunities and anticipating challenges in diverse markets.
- Formulate and drive forward-looking strategies for specific market channels, with a keen focus on relevant industries.
- Bring new vision and strategies to existing revenue processes, promoting efficiency and effectiveness.
- Inspire unified approaches to revenue generation by bringing together Marketing, Sales, and Customer Experience to define and transform the customer journey.
- Make informed, data-driven decisions to map out and understand the customer journey, identify root causes of customer challenges or pain points, and recommend optimizations that support sales strategies.
- Develop and implement new revenue operations techniques to create the smoothest paths for customers, ensuring each touchpoint adds value and enhances the customer relationship.
- Empower customer decision-making and sales enablement through development of selling tools like online demos, free trails, and self-service customer onboarding.
- Implement technologies to automate and streamline routine customer interactions, allowing teams to focus on unique, high-value customer challenges.
- Partner with the Marketing, Sales, Product, and Customer Experience teams to ensure consistency in strategy, messaging, and value proposition.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of revenue operations, utilizing real-time data, customer feedback, and advanced analytics to refine strategies and processes.
- Lead the transformation of the Company’s sales management and on-the-ground selling to build a world class sales organization that is adept at building prospect pipeline, prospect conversion, and meeting sales quotas.
- 15+ years of global sales and business management experience with increasing levels of responsibility and leadership in consumer products.
- 10+ years of experience hiring, managing, and developing both individual contributors and senior leaders.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully leading global sales and partnering with international distributors to build a brand and business.
- Expertise in modern sales techniques, strategic business development, and data-driven decision-making to recognize the changing dynamics of sales and adapt to evolving customer needs.
- Deep understanding of business functions such as Revenue Operations, Sales Operations, Customer Experience, Finance, and Marketing.
- Ability to identify root causes of revenue challenges and implement strategies to promote growth.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to unify teams under a common vision and foster cross-functional collaboration at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making, and analytical skills.
- Excellent visual and written communication skills.
- Ability to translate performance/operation metrics into business-oriented strategies and solutions.
- Proficiency in Google Workspace, ERP systems (NetSuite), and Project Management software (Asana).
Preference will be given to those candidates that can relocate to the Bend, Oregon area.