Coalfire is on a mission to make the world a safer place by solving our clients’ toughest cybersecurity challenges. We work at the cutting edge of technology to advise, assess, automate, and ultimately help companies navigate the ever-changing cybersecurity landscape. We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado with offices across the U.S. and U.K., and we support clients around the world.
But that’s not who we are – that’s just what we do.
We are thought leaders, consultants, and cybersecurity experts, but above all else, we are a team of passionate problem-solvers who are hungry to learn, grow, and make a difference.
And we’re growing fast.
We are looking for a Deal Desk Associate to join Coalfire's Legal team.Job Summary
The Deal Desk Associate
will join the Legal & Compliance commercial team and will be primarily responsible for the day-to-day support of the quote-to-order contracting process. As a key partner to the Sales, Delivery, and Finance teams, the Deal Desk Associate will assist with deal formation ensuring smooth execution while remaining in compliance with policies and within risk tolerances.
The ideal candidate is a proactive, curious, detail-oriented, self-driven person with sound business acumen and an eye for issue spotting. This person has excellent communication and collaboration skills, thrives in ambiguity, and is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to dive into challenges and formulate solutions.What You'll Do
What You'll Bring
- Support deal formation, structure, and compliance on a daily basis.
- Evaluate and facilitate mitigation of deal risks, including legal, financial, and operational aspects.
- Review and draft deal documents, including statements of work and change orders.
- Evaluate deal documents for completeness, accuracy, and adherence to policies and risk tolerances.
- Ensure approvals for non-standard deal documents have been properly documented with appropriate approvals, and resolution.
- Support and suggest process and systems requirements to implement a best-in-class quote-to-order contracting process.
- Drive best contracting practices and support enablement to increase sales effectiveness.
- Provide reports to stakeholders detailing exceptions and other related data.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders in Sales, Delivery, Finance, and other key teams across the company.
- Assist and provide recommendations with Legal team projects and initiatives.
- Support and document compliance of business and sales policies related to revenue contracts.
- Other duties as assigned to support Legal department and organization objectives and goals.
- Bachelor’s degree (four-year college or university) or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
- 3+ years experience in contracts management, deal desk or similar role.
- Experience in dealing with complex, cross-functional deal/contract management across Sales, Delivery, Finance, and Legal.
- Experience with Ironclad (or other CLM), Salesforce, Box, Microsoft Office suite
- Understands contract terms and relationship among contracting documents.
- Able to work extended schedules during the month and quarter end cycles.
- Ability to work on multiple deals and assignments simultaneously.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders in a professional and respectful manner.
- Strong problem-solving skills along with ability to demonstrate practical judgment in complex situations.
- Strong communication skills, including experience effectively communicating with senior management.
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and propose necessary changes.
- Willing to work in a highly demanding and results-oriented team environment.
Why You'll Want to Join Us
- Experience with contract management and automated workflow systems is a plus.
- Strong understanding of Salesforce based quote-to-order processes, Salesforce CPQ is a plus.
At Coalfire, you’ll find the support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In many cases, we provide a flexible work model that empowers you to choose when and where you’ll work most effectively – whether you’re at home or an office.
Regardless of location, you’ll experience a company that prioritizes connection and wellbeing and be part of a team where people care about each other and our communities. You’ll have opportunities to join employee resource groups, participate in in-person and virtual events, and more. And you’ll enjoy competitive perks and benefits to support you and your family, like paid parental leave, flexible time off, certification and training reimbursement, digital mental health and wellbeing support membership, and comprehensive insurance options.
At Coalfire, equal opportunity and pay equity is integral to the way we do business. A reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role is $44,000 to $76,00 based on national salary averages. The actual salary offer to the successful candidate will be based on job-related education, geographic location, training, licensure and certifications and other factors. You may also be eligible to participate in annual incentive, commission, and/or recognition programs. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.