Apollo.io is the leading go-to-market solution for revenue teams, trusted by over 500,000 companies and millions of users globally, from rapidly growing startups to some of the world's largest enterprises. Apollo.io provides sales and marketing teams with easy access to verified contact data for over 270 million B2B contacts, along with tools to engage and convert these contacts in one unified platform. By helping revenue professionals find the most accurate contact information and automating the outreach process, Apollo.io turns prospects into customers. Apollo raised a series D in 2023 and is backed by top-tier investors, including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and more, and counts the former President and COO of Hubspot, JD Sherman, among its board members. Apollo.io is growing rapidly, with 900% revenue growth since 2021, and is looking for world-class talent to keep building with us.The Role
As the Director of Sales Operations at Apollo, you will be responsible for setting the long-term sales strategy, developing efficient processes and procedures, and leading the Sales Operations team. Reporting to the SVP Revenue Operations & Partnerships, you will work closely with cross-functional teams to support and run key operating rituals, including Quarterly Business Reviews, Monthly recaps, team performance and instrumentation, and weekly meetings.Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Experience required to apply for this role:
- Setting the Long-Term Sales Strategy: Define and lead the implementation of the company's long-term sales strategy in collaboration with cross-functional teams and sales leadership.
- Leading the Sales Operations Team: Manage and oversee the Sales Operations team to ensure alignment with the company's objectives.
- Driving Annual and Long-Range Planning: Optimize sales flow, enable deal delivery, and ensure sales plans align with operating expense budgets.
- Managing Sales Performance Metrics: Implement early warning systems for business growth, track sales metrics performance against company models, and program manage deviations from budget.
- Territory and Quota Planning: Lead territory and quota planning aligned with the overall annual plan, including performance management and operational plan execution.
- Optimizing Sales Process and Reporting: Design, implement, and document efficient sales processes, methodologies, and reporting to ensure high adoption.
- Sales Incentive Compensation: Own the planning and design of sales compensation plans and programs that align with quotas, segments, and historical performance.
- Aligning with Cross-Functional Teams: Partner with marketing, product, and finance teams to ensure alignment of bottoms-up sales planning with top-down company budgets.
- Supporting Sales Enablement: Work with sales enablement and L&D teams to drive adoption of sales systems and tools and ensure alignment with sales methodologies.
- Managing Key Operating Rituals: Support and run key operating rituals such as Quarterly Business Reviews, Monthly recaps, and weekly meetings in collaboration with the SVP Revenue Operations & Partnerships.
- Your role will involve providing a centralized view of the Sales funnel and KPIs, identifying growth opportunities through analysis, and working closely with all GTM teams to foster strong partnerships.
What You’ll Love About Apollo
- 8+ years of experience in Sales Operations & Strategy.
- Built and led centralized sales operations team at hyper growth/PLG companies in Series C and beyond.
- Skilled communicator with strong executive presence.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, computer science, mathematics, statistics, or other quantitative fields is preferred.
- Strong SQL knowledge, salesforce administration, and experience with Lookr is preferred.
- Able to build great systems, processes, and ways of working: Ability to solve complex business problems, think from first principles, and build scalable processes.
- Excellent communication skills to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations.
- Highly collaborative and strong team player with high EQ: Ability to build trust quickly, high degree of empathy, and expertise at managing senior, cross-functional relationships. Experience working closely with functional leaders to solve challenging business problems; credibly present and debate recommendations with senior leadership.
- Strong product intuition and understanding of a variety of SaaS product verticals and markets with broad strategic business knowledge
- Strong first principles thinker and someone who is able to drive efficient and rigorous analysis, research and insight generation, and building hypotheses and an action plan.
- Bias towards action and Ownership mentality: Someone who exhibits a strong results-oriented ownership mentality and owns both successes and failures/learnings in past experiences. Strong bias towards action and experimentation and ability to exhibit good judgment in ambiguous situations with imperfect data. We want someone in this role who is a “learn it all” as opposed to a “know it all”.
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees’ careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You’ll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We’re very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you’ll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!