Who We Are
At Oncourse Home Solutions (OHS), we are a people-centric organization. We do what is right for our people so they can do their best when serving our 1.4+ million customers across the U.S. Our mission is to help homeowners navigate the unexpected, reduce costs, and make homeownership enjoyable for all. Our vision is to make our products and services accessible to all by becoming the most forward-thinking and community-driven home solutions organization of the 21st century. We are committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity in all forms, where our employees, customers and partners feel valued, respected, and supported.
We’re innovators, dreamers, problem solvers, and community leaders. Our passion for empowering customers to confidently run their households is what drives us. When our clients need help with home maintenance, repair, or coverage, we’re there. This is what it means to be an Oncourse Super. Supers get it done. We sweat homeownership so our customers don’t have to. We view every day as an opportunity to step up, step out, and remind others that we’re in this together, to stay on course. That’s what it means to lead like a Super.
As a leader in the U.S., providing home warranty and home repair services, operating under the brands American Water Resources, Pivotal Home Solutions and American Home Solutions. We partner with cities, utilities, insurance providers, retailers, financial service companies and member associations to help them maintain and protect their customers’ most important asset — their home.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer, and our employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, parental status, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. OHS is committed to recruiting and retaining talented applicants and to providing all employees with a workplace free from discrimination and/or harassment.
The Operations Sales Manager will set sales goals, contests, and sales culture for all technicians. Holds responsibility for P&L, sales success, and customer satisfaction.
Located at our office in Naperville, IL, our office environment is a key driver of our company culture and employee experience, so a regular in-office hybrid model (generally T-TH in office and M & F remote) is required.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Skilled at motivating and developing staff.
· Understands how to drive HVAC and Plumbing Operations metrics and budgetary impact.
· Communicate with senior level management to collaborate on strategic planning and report results.
· Clear understanding of new equipment sales and install to help drive a positive customer experience while finding opportunities to increase revenue per job, per technician.
We’re Excited if This is You
Experience and Qualifications for this role
- Five or more years of demonstrated HVAC operations leadership of exempt/non-exempt levels with both direct and indirect supervision of employees.
- Demonstrated leadership and team building ability.
- Experience working in a competitive HVAC business environment with high volume sales transactions preferred.
- Proven ability to manage large HVAC field teams.
Education (preferred and or required)
· Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred.
Certification (Preferred or Required)
· NATE, EPA/Universal HVAC certification is preferred
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
· Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, Outlook)
· Google Suite
- Action Oriented - Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things that he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Building Effective Teams - Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Business Acumen - Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Drive for Results - Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Ethics and Values - Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches.
- Motivating Others - Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person's hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
- Planning - Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
- Time Management - Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.