Roaming Hunger operates the largest marketplace of locations and mobile food vendors across the United States. Our mission is to connect communities and create opportunities for anyone, anywhere.
Our core values are at the heart of who we are:
Roaming: we move forward through curiosity, discovery, and innovation
Hunger: we have an authentic desire to succeed
Together: we are a community serving communities
We work with over 20,000 small businesses across the country and that number keeps growing!
Roaming Hunger is a dynamic, private equity-backed service-led company at the start of our hyper-growth stage, driven by a passion for excellence and innovation. We aim to redefine industry standards, and we're on the lookout for talented individuals who share our vision and drive.
The Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) is a pivotal leadership role responsible for the alignment and optimization of all revenue-generating functions. The CRO will architect and execute our revenue growth strategy, ensuring vertical growth, margin expansion, and the development of robust and scalable frameworks that define success for our organization. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the CRO will be responsible for the management of operating metrics, revenue growth, and overall business strategy. Given the stage of Roaming Hunger’s growth trajectory and planned acquisition strategy, the CRO will have an outsized influence on crafting and aligning sales strategy across the organization. The CRO will be charged with responsibility for new customer and partner acquisition, customer retention / upsell, and marketing strategy. Overall, the CRO will be responsible for the management of new logo growth, gross churn, and net churn across the business groups.
- Develop and implement scalable, repeatable, and predictable revenue strategies.
- Provide leadership, systems, processes, and accountability to the sales to the sales, marketing, and customer success teams, ensuring alignment with the company's overall strategy.
- Establish and drive the company's efforts to achieve and exceed revenue targets through provable vertical growth initiatives.
- Analyze market trends, identify new revenue streams, and capitalize on growth opportunities.
- Implement the structure to support new vertical growth
- Customer Acquisition and Retention: Implement customer acquisition strategies and customer retention programs to ensure a steady stream of revenue, as well as KPIs to monitor performance
- Establish customer feedback loops driving improvement for the sales delivery model
- Oversee pricing strategies to protect and enhance profit margins while ensuring competitiveness in the market.
- Implement strategies to reduce operational costs without compromising on quality or customer satisfaction.
- Design and implement robust frameworks of success that guide teams in their respective revenue-generating endeavors.
- Collaborate with the executive team to integrate these frameworks into the company’s broader growth strategy.
- Develop pricing and revenue models to maximize profitability
Data-Driven Decision Making:
- Utilize advanced analytics to monitor, analyze, and predict revenue trends and challenges.
- Lead the organization in making informed decisions based on data and insights.
- Conduct formal data analysis on current pricing structure and strategies and identify opportunities to enhance profit margins and identify revenue leakage.
- Build, mentor, and lead high-performing revenue-focused teams.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning, accountability, and excellence.
- Cross-functional collaboration with Finance, Marketing, and Product to achieve revenue targets.
- Collaborate with the private equity stakeholders and board to provide updates, insights, and strategic recommendations.
- Engage and build deep and meaningful relationships with key clients, partners, and industry influencers.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or a related field. MBA or equivalent advanced degree preferred.
- A proven data-driven approach to decision-making, and oversight with a track record of having implemented appropriate KPIs, analytics, and reporting that drive business performance and continuous improvement.
- Experience in service-based B2B businesses and/or creative services, with recurring revenue and significant growth.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing Initiatives that lead change and drive execution. A collaborative leader who is confident and assertive in style, while being respectful of others.
- Demonstrated experience in achieving vertical growth, margin protection, and building success frameworks.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data-driven decision-making.
- Outstanding leadership and team management skills.
- Proficient understanding of the private equity landscape and its dynamics.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Adept at navigating fast-paced, hyper-growth environments.
What you get:
- Salary range: $200-300,000 plus bonus and equity. Please note this range is an estimate and actual pay may vary based on qualifications and experience.
- Unlimited PTO and a healthy work-life balance culture
- Healthcare with employer contribution for medical, vision, and dental
- A great group of people to work with and the chance to truly impact the business
- To work in a cool space: who doesn’t love food! We are BIG fans and pride ourselves on staying up-to-date in the industry (and by that, we mean trying as much as we can)
- To be part of an organization that truly lives its values.
Roaming Hunger celebrates and thrives through our diverse community. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer where all employment decisions are made based on merit, qualification, and business need.