About Our Client
Our client is the world's leading destination for action sports events, athletes, culture, and everything in between. With decades of jaw-dropping history, our client celebrates the extraordinary talents and achievements of athletes pushing the boundaries of action sports. Their events showcase thrilling competitions in skateboarding, BMX, motocross, and more.
Our client now operates as an independent company with full ownership and execution of all IP, content, events, and media distribution. Entering the 30th year of operation, the media landscape has dramatically changed and our client has evolved into a year-round entertainment content company with athletes and competition at the center of their Brand strategy.
About the Role :
Our client is looking for a Director to join their small-but-mighty Partnerships Sales team. As the Director of Sales Operations & Management, you will play a critical role in driving their sales strategies and ensuring operational excellence. If you have a proven track record in sales, a deep understanding of the sports industry, and a knack for leadership, our client would love to hear from you.
- Manage all media inventories across multiple platforms; operationalize streaming and linear, as well as social and digital revenue streams.
- Develop and execute sales strategies to achieve revenue targets and drive growth.
- Manage pricing/yield on all advertising inventories, supported by marketplace projections and measurements.
- Analyze market trends and customer insights to identify opportunities for new commercial product inventories and revenue streams.
- Operationalize the fulfillment and execution of all partnership advertising on our client's owned properties, as well as with all distribution partners in linear, streaming, OTT, and FAST platforms.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing and finance, to optimize sales processes and improve overall organizational performance.
- Monitor and report on sales performance in delivering goals and providing post-buy results to clients, along with regular updates to senior management.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance sales effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including customers, partners, and vendors.
- Drive delivery of all media execution of sponsor ads and branded content during our client's events.
- Own the measurement and reporting of key campaign goals to internal stakeholders and external partners.
- 10+ years of experience in sales operations and management, preferably in the sports industry.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales targets and driving revenue growth.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate a diverse group of individuals.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional analytical and strategic thinking abilities, with a passion for data-driven decision-making.
- Proficiency in sales and CRM software, such as Salesforce and HubSpot.
- Ability to travel as needed for business purposes.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience managing sales operations across various platforms for video (live and VOD).
- Knowledgeable and have a passion for entertainment, sports, and music content, with media and experiential fan engagement.
- Medical benefits, Dental, Vision, ST and LT Disability, Life Insurance, 401K
- Unlimited PTO
- Potential Home Office Reimbursement and Cell Phone/Internet Reimbursement
- Hybrid work environment
- Opportunity to attend our client's events!
Swooped isn't the EOR for this position. Instead, our role in this specific opportunity is to link outstanding candidates with a top-tier employer.