Optimizely is focused on unlocking digital potential and we are the recognized category leader in Digital Experience Platform (DXP) and created the category for A/B Testing and experimentation software. We have incredible customers – isn’t that one of the most important aspects of looking for your next job? Optimizely has over 9,000 brands from global organizations such as Visa, Sky, Yamaha, Wall Street Journal to tech innovators like Atlassian, DocuSign, FitBit and Zillow.
Not only are we financially sound and growing but we have unicorn status: Exceeded $300M in revenue in 2020, is profitable already, and has all strategic options ahead of itself. Optimizely continues to invest and addresses a market opportunity north of $30 billion, providing significant personal career growth opportunities.
We are an inclusive culture with a global team of 1200+ people across the US, Europe, Australia, and Vietnam. We blend European and American business culture with emphasis on teamwork, inclusion, and moving fast. People make the difference!
If you are looking to work on the next generation of digital technologies in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment, apply! We’re just getting started...
As the Senior Manager - Opportunity to Cash within the Sales Operations team at Optimizely, you will play a pivotal role in enhancing the efficiency, effectiveness, and alignment of our sales processes and lead the end-to-end Opportunity to Cash program. Your strategic thinking, leadership skills, and deep understanding of sales processes will enable you to drive improvements in renewals optimization, booking validation, SKU management, deal structuring, and contract management. Your role will play a crucial part in streamlining operations and supporting the achievement of sales targets.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and implement streamlined processes that enhance efficiency, accuracy, and collaboration among sales, finance, customer support and other departments.
- Proactively identify process bottlenecks, inefficiencies, and opportunities for automation, leading initiatives to drive continuous improvement within the Opportunity to Cash cycle.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to optimize the use of sales automation, CRM, and contract management systems to streamline processes and enhance data accuracy.
- Ensure timely and accurate creation and submission of quotes, and contracts, collaborating with legal and finance teams to address any contractual or compliance requirements.
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders including sales, order management, customer support, and product teams to ensure alignment on sales strategies, contract terms, and revenue recognition principles.
- Lead change management efforts related to process enhancements, system implementations, and policy changes, ensuring smooth transitions and user adoption.
- Develop and deliver training programs for internal teams and stakeholders to promote a comprehensive understanding of the order-to-cash process.
- Evaluate and implement sales enablement tools and technology to enhance productivity, automate repetitive tasks, and improve data accuracy.
- Define and track key performance indicators (KPIs) related to Opportunity to Cash processes, providing regular reports to senior leadership on performance and trends.
- Drives the development of the broader functional team strategy, beyond own team
- Accountable for delivering against the broader functional team strategy
- Understands ROI, spending and allocating money wisely and in line with business needs; acts responsibly and with ownership for financial decisions
- May manage experienced individual contributors and / or more junior manager
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales, Finance, or a related field; MBA or equivalent is a plus.
- Proven experience (typically 5+ years) in sales operations, sales process optimization, or related roles.
- Strong understanding of sales processes, methodologies, and best practices.
- Deep understanding of the end-to-end sales process, including lead management, opportunity tracking, quoting, and contract negotiation.
- Project management skills and the ability to execute complex projects on time and within scope.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across departments.
- Experience with Salesforce and sales enablement tools.
- Proven ability to drive process improvements and manage change within a sales organization.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to interpret data and trends to inform strategic decision-making.
- Experience leading teams of more experienced individuals and managers
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Driving for Results
Optimizely is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.