Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favourite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organisations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organisation. With Confluent, organisations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energised to roll up their sleeves and help realise Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
The Sales Operations Business Partner will own Confluent’s sales processes and work closely with the AVP(s) / RSD(s) of Sales to help manage the team's selling efforts. The Sales Ops Business Partner’s primary responsibilities will be to provide data and analytical support to manage and improve Confluent’s sales processes and cycle, as well as utilizing pipeline data to help report, analyze and forecast the company’s current quarter’s business.
Confluent is a dynamic, fast-paced sales environment that requires excellent communication skills and the ability to multitask on tight deadlines. The ideal candidate will thrive in this environment, possess superior analytical skills and the ability to work well as part of a team. The Sales Operations Business Partner Will
- Be responsible for accurate forecasting and pipeline analytics as well as reporting and analysis of sales results (including system dashboards)
- Work with the AVP of Sales, RSD's and Finance to refine go-to-market models and sales methodology, including identifying and solving pain points within the organization and sales process proactively
- Identify issues and solutions to improve the efficiency of the sales force participate in weekly, quarterly and annual sales planning by preparing and supporting the delivery of specific sales coverage and forecasting analytics
- Lead efforts to standardize processes and systems (e.g. Salesforce.com) to enable accurate and efficient data collection and management of the company’s sales efforts
- Partner with the Sales leaders to facilitate our global sales territory planning, by creating and allocating territories as the sales team grows
- Own communication to the field and maintain calendar of communications from a global to sub-region standpoint as well as sales process adoption
- Collaborate across all business units and functions (Finance, Compensation, AE’s, Data Science, BD, Field Marketing, etc.)
- Work closely with other Sales Operations team members to share knowledge, best practices and facilitate standardization across the whole sales organization
Here Are Some Of The Personal Qualities We’re Looking For
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Sales Operations experience preferably in a SaaS/Cloud company
- Advanced excel skills required
- Comfortable engaging at all levels in an organization to deliver results
- Excellent communicator with proven ability to clearly convey ideas and information in written and verbal form to a variety of audiences
- Endless curiosity and a need to dive deeper for understanding
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships and display diplomatic and remarkable interpersonal skills with colleagues and other partners
Culture is a huge part of Confluent, we’re searching for the best people who not only excel at their role, but also contribute to the health, happiness and growth of the company. Inclusivity and openness are important traits, with regular company wide and team events.
- Smart, humble and empathetic
- Hard working, you get things done
- Hungry to learn in a field which is ever evolving
- Adaptable to the myriad of challenges each day can present
- Inquisitive and not afraid to ask all the questions, no matter how basic
- Ready to roll up your sleeves and help others, getting involved in projects where you feel you can add value
- Strive for excellence in your work, your team and the company
Come and build with us. We are one of the fastest growing software companies in the market. A company built on the tenets of transparency, direct communication and inclusivity. Come meet the streams dream team and have a direct impact on how we shape Confluent.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.