Who we are
At Voyage Foods, our mission is to make delicious, sustainable and accessible foods that are better for people and the planet. All of our products work together to support and sustain a food system designed for everyone, now and into the future. We're a team of food scientists, CPG experts, and professionals with a passion for making good food available for generations to come.
What do peanut butter, chocolate and coffee have in common? They're some of our favorite foods, but are inaccessible and unsustainable. That's why we created our Nut-Free Spreads, Cocoa-Free Chocolate and Bean-Free Coffee. From food allergies to climate change and unjust labor practices, the foods we love are in serious need of an upgrade. Our future-proofed foods are always top 9 allergen-free, vegan, gluten-free, non-GMO, affordable and most importantly, utterly delicious.
In 2022, Voyage Foods announced our $36 million Series A to enable the growth of our teams as well as support demand generated from our retail and B2B partnerships. Voyage Foods' Series A was led by UBS O-Connor and Level One Fund with participation from Horizons Ventures, SOSV's Indie Bio, and others. It's a great time to join our team!
How we work
We're a rapidly growing team of people who value diversity in all its forms. We love adding new perspectives and appreciate those who ask questions that help us challenge assumptions, explore new directions, and improve what we've already built. We are a group of like-minded difference makers. Curiosity drives our development. We have tenacity and a risk-taking mentality at every level of our organization to keep challenging normalcy. We believe it's our responsibility to create an environment in which every person can bring their full, authentic selves to work. We push each other to be our best and do our products proud. Read more about us by visiting our careers page!
About the role
At its core, the Sales Operations team is charged with making the Sales team more effective in their selling and customer development efforts and delighting our customers by providing exceptional service and communication. The CS/Sales Operations Manager's mission is to provide exceptional service to our customers, manage new customer set-up as well as on-going sales life cycle and execution including; PO processing, order confirmation and delivery. This role will help to organize data to enhance sales force productivity and effectiveness. Additionally, this position requires you to work cross functionally in the management of our S&OP process, designing CRM (HubSpot) process and dashboards for more prescriptive development of our sales pipeline to management of our price list and product specifications requirements. You are quick-thinking, flexible, and able to pivot when necessary. You work best in a fast-paced environment and are a ‘wearer of many hats". You ask the right questions, are a quick learner, and have a strong ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
This is an exempt, non-supervisory position based at our Oakland, CA HQ location and will report directly to the VP of Sales
What you'll do
- Onboard of all new customers including the review of new vendor set up materials and requirements, coordination of all support materials and documentation, and management of internal stakeholder feedback requirements and process.
- Maintain updated requirements for customer and distributor out-bound freight & delivery requirements and ensure out-bound partners (LTL or otherwise) meet the requirements of the customer. Regularly review requirements with Operations and Logistics to ensure compliance.
- Oversee the EDI process and manage the customer service process including receipt of purchase orders and purchase order confirmations.
- Communicate with internal production and logistics team members to ensure sales plan delivery, as well as on-time & accurate delivery or pick-up of customer orders.
- Work cross functionally with Operations to drive effectiveness in the support of the scale and growth of our channels by simplifying and streamlining the order processing procedures and requirements while providing exceptional customer service.
- Lead Customer Sales History Data Management requirements for the Sales team to ensure all sales data is clean, accurate and complete, rolled up into reports and dashboards.
- Assist sales team to drive operational logistics including optimizing resource allocation across the team, measuring progress against sales goals, and assisting in key sales management meetings
- Work with our cross functional partners (Sales, Operations, Finance, People Operations, Marketing) to ensure successful commercialization and execution of key projects, while continually identifying opportunities for ongoing program improvements and enhancements
- Maintain good communications with the buyer and resolve customer discrepancies.
- Manage HubSpot maintenance, reporting, adoption and continuous improvement.
- Manage 3rd party data including and distributor / customer data portals i.e., UNFI, KeHE, Target, Kroger, Walmart Retail Link, RJW, etc.
- Ensure effective communications with all departments including Operations (PO Management to inform demand), Logistics (PO Confirmations), Sales (communication OOS, Pricing), Accounting (BOL Accuracy), QA (Product Quality, Production Issues), Finance (Revenue Guidance), Marketing (New item set-up), Consumer Relations (ditto).
- Work with Finance to provide the quarterly broker sales commission split process to ensure timely and accurate payments.
- Coordinate with Finance on deductions related to promotional spend as well as other customer related deductions, etc.
What makes a great candidate
- 4+ years Sales Operations experience, preferably with a background in Consumer Packaging Goods (CPG)
- Logistics, ERP, and EDI set up experience a plus
- Highly motivated and organized self-starter who strives for excellence and thrives in an independent work environment
- Ability to think strategically and decisively prioritize competing demands and assess multiple outcomes with limited information
- Experience in both distributor serviced and direct, route to market solutions a plus
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels & areas of an organization
- Strong computer and analytic skills - Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Crew) and google suite.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing growth environment
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
United States-based roles only: The Annual salary for this role is between $88,825 - $120,175 plus immediate participation in our benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs. All employees are owners of Voyage Foods and receive an equity grant as part of their total package. At Voyage Foods, we approach each individual's compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- STD/LTD, Life and AD&D policies
- FSA, HRA, and Mental Health Program Benefits
- 401K Program
- Commuter Benefits
- Unlimited Vacation
- Paid Family Leave Program
- Ongoing Team Events, including Weekly Friday Lunches
Voyage Foods is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Voyage Foods is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Alex Chancellor, SHRM-SCP at firstname.lastname@example.org or (831) 277-0509.
Voyage Foods will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check.