29 December 2023Department:
$80,000 - $90,000 / yearDescription
The Account Executive – Foodservice is responsible for executing key growth sales strategies, tactics, and action plans to deliver against annual plans and long-term growth objectives. Specific accountability will include achieving annual financial targets, building impactful relationships across multiple levels with customers across a specific foodservice channel.Key Responsibilities
Scope of Responsibility
- Execute strategic sales plans to drive profitable sales growth in accordance with corporate goals. Own and hit/exceed annual sales targets and KPIs.
- Execute specific tactics to drive brand growth, as well as opportunities across the portfolio.
- Ability to translate business strategy into specific tactics for the customer to increase gross sales, points of distribution, and branded share.
- Stay up to date on category landscape and key trends impacting the Foodservice Business Unit.
- Help manage account execution within their assigned channel, including sales forecasting, maintenance, logistics and inventory management.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional leaders, especially Sales Operations & Planning, Marketing, IT and Finance.
- Monthly reporting, sales analytics, and insights; understand go-to-market strategy and how to maximize sales efficiency.
- High level of organizational skills, good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong ability to negotiate with business partners and deliver positive outcomes.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to multi-task and follow-up when responses are needed.
- Deep understanding of the assigned Customer/Channel and how to execute demand creation plans.
- The ability to utilize creativity and push beyond the obvious, comfortable going into "unchartered" territory in setting out recommendations and goals.
- Problem solver with a solutions-oriented mindset.
- Understand the value of listening to customers, gaining insights, and moving objectives forward.
- Must be an articulate communicator who can quickly synthesize data.
- P&L management and strong financial acumen.
- In keeping with our value of Customer Satisfaction, this position is expected to provide high-quality customer service to our internal and external customers, vendors, and others alike.
- Adheres to company Policy and Procedures.
- Acts as a role model within and outside the company.
- Performs duties as workload necessitates.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
- Communicates regularly with supervisor and about department issues.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize.
- Consistently reports to work on time, prepared to perform duties of position.
- Meets department productivity standards.
- May perform other duties as required.
- This job is responsible for budgetary analysis, preparation, and review.
- This job will have periodic access to confidential data including financial statements, company records and/or minutes, customer quotes, and company plans, designs, and/or programs.
- This job develops plans and implements new procedures and methods to achieve company goals.
Skills, Knowledge And Expertise
- The employee may be required to travel up to 30% of the time by air and/or land.
- Proven work experience as a strategic or key sales manager at corporate level. Have solid experience in B2B environment within the foodservice industry. Specific experience and success at key accounts within the hotel & resorts; healthcare; higher education; and B&I channels will be a major benefit to this position.
- Hands on experience with account management systems and understanding of sales performance metrics.
- Strong negotiation skills with a problem-solving attitude.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in marketing or business administration from four-year college or university; and 3+ years related experience in foodservice required with a demonstration of sales management resulting in profitable volume, customer penetration and relationship building, leading a trade budget, and achieving consistent, profitable growth.
- Command of business & financial acuity shown by discernment that not every sales opportunity is equal and a track record of securing profitable volume and walking away from less profitable opportunities.
- Strong analytical skills demonstrated by previous experience utilizing systems for tracking and recording sales- effective business planning and data-driven strategy for maintaining current and securing new customer relationships.
- Effective interpersonal skills, demonstrated by the ability to build a customer ready presentation, influence and negotiation with internal and external collaborators.
- Passion to challenge the status quo and find innovative solutions and drive out of the box ideas.
- Not afraid to "roll up sleeves" with individual contributor responsibilities; seeks to go beyond comfort to learn.
- Affordable healthcare (medical/dental/vision)
- Opportunity to participate in the Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Short Term Disability Insurance paid by the company
- Basic life Insurance equals to your annual salary paid by the company
- Employee Assistance Program – paid by the company
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- The opportunity to purchase additional voluntary insurance coverage for:
- Life Insurance
- Whole Life
- Prepaid Legal
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- 8 Paid Holidays per year
- 401-k Plan fully vested (eligible after 6 months of employment)