OLAPLEX, Inc. (Nasdaq: OLPX) is an innovative, science-enabled, technology-driven beauty company. We are founded on the principle of delivering effective, patent-protected and proven performance in the categories where we compete. We strive to empower our consumers to look as beautiful on the outside as they feel on the inside. We believe every person deserves to have healthy, beautiful hair, whether they are visiting a salon or caring for their hair at home.
OLAPLEX has been able to achieve phenomenal growth and we continuously seek exceptionally talented individuals who can support our innovation and creativity. We currently operate in a fully remote environment; because of this, collaboration and flexibility are at the core of our commitment to each other and to the success of OLAPLEX.About the Role:
The Director, Retail Sales is responsible for accurate forecasting and achievement of net sales plans for OLAPLEX prestige retail accounts such as Sephora. This role will work directly with the VP of Sales to develop strategies to achieve sales and budget targets, and key marketing objectives.Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Negotiate sales and corresponding inventory plans within designated account(s), in addition to reporting retail and net sales assessments, forecasts, and budget planning
- Drive activities to promote retail sales and shipment revenue across designated account(s)
- Strong collaboration with marketing, operations, and finance teams to drive growth both online and offline
- Identify and distort strengths of designated account(s) to identify opportunities for growth
- Lead, develop, and maintain highly productive relationships with account stakeholders and business partners to achieve our mutually agreed upon business objectives
- Consistent communication with the Executive Team on gross shipment status, key trends and opportunities
- Accountable for ensuring management and reduction of excess and obsolete inventory in respective accounts
- Support the VP of Sales to develop and execute strategies that are unique by retailer to support the channels business model
- Maintain retailer promotional calendar while providing key analytics, ROI related but not limited to promotional investments
- Identify, build and manage growth driving sales initiates, optimizing sell-through by retailer on a quarterly and annual basis
Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders
- Work closely with VP, US sales to review forecasts for core as well as new product launches
- Liaise with planning and retailers on monthly forecast updates highlighting new intel impacting projections
- Work closely with Customer Service and Sales Operations to ensure inventory is available, orders are received, processed, and shipped within the designated window
- Bachelor's degree preferred plus minimum of 8+ years previous related industry experience
- Experience with forecasting gross/net shipments.
- Strong relationship skills: ability to lead and manage multiple high-level relationships
- Demonstrated ability to build gross to net and retail sales plans from the bottom up
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint (pivot tables, vlookups, etc.)
- Ability to work under pressure and fluctuating deadlines with a high number of tasks
- Should possess strong analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Must be flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes. We are looking for someone who will bring all their expertise, learn, and grow with us.Our Total Rewards:
The annual base pay for this position is $167,850 - $195,825 with eligibility for an annual bonus. The actual base pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, years of relevant experience, skill level, functional expertise, certificates or other professional licenses held and geographic location.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- Competitive compensation
- Work/Life Balance: Flexible paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Wellness: Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees in addition to short and long-term disability coverage and life insurance; dependent care flexible spending account company match
- Parental Leave: Up to 18 weeks for all new birthing-parents and up to 10 weeks for all non-birthing new parents
- Financial Well-being: Roth and 401k plans: 100% match up to the first 4% and is immediately vested
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program: Career development is as important to us as we know it is to you!
- Culture: Our team has an "attitude of gratitude" and a shared passion for our brand. Join our culture committee and/or DE&I champion team to play a role in building and sustaining our "secret sauce"
- Recognition: We celebrate our peers and colleagues with our monthly 'Hero Recognition and Awards' program. Make a difference as a 'Bond Builder' and/or 'Commendable Creative!'
- Products: Twenty (20) free products per year, plus a friends and family discount
At OLAPLEX, we support and stand up for our community with our talent, content, messages, and product offering. We strive to build and nurture a culture where a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion is instinctive. Our deep sense of passion and pride in what we do, both as individuals and as a company, unifies our shared commitment to 'do well and do good'. We recognize and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds and know they create a stronger and more creative work environment.OLAPLEX is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.