Kontron is a global leader in IoT/Embedded Computing Technology (ECT). Kontron offers individual solutions in the areas of Internet of Things (IoT), Industry 4.0 and Mobile Solutions through a combined portfolio of hardware, software and services. With its standard and customized products based on highly reliable state-of-the-art technologies, Kontron provides secure and connected applications for a wide variety of industries. As a result, customers benefit from accelerated time-to-market, lower total cost of ownership, extended product lifecycles and the best fully integrated applications.
In addition to being an established global presence with opportunities for growth, Kontron encourages communication through all levels of the organization to ensure a common direction and allow our employees to make informed decisions.
Our culture has been created by the people who work here, making Kontron a fast-paced, friendly, and enjoyable workplace with competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
We have an exciting opportunity for a role as Regional Sales Manager 2
to join our Kontron Family! This position will be focusing on Automotive OEM and Tier 1 customers in the region US. The goal is to manage and develop existing customer base and to identify and close new business opportunities to secure a stable Sales growth in Design Wins, Bookings and Revenues. Dedicated to a growth strategy utilizing Direct Sales to secure the high level of quality of our business.
- Must be a strong and persistent "hunter" with outstanding "closing" skills.
- Proven relationship builder with exceptional organizational and communication skills to understand the customers business model, strategy, and requirements and to match them with Kontron's capabilities and objectives.
- Overall sales management of the Key Accounts, assigned territory and customers in the Mobile Solutions/Automotive market.
- Develop and maintain senior level relationships within key customers to broaden awareness, understand current and emerging needs, and position Kontron as a solution leader.
- Grow Key Account customers through accelerated strategies born from Business Development initiatives.
- Implementation of the Mobile Solutions/Automotive Sales Strategy in the US as well as the local agreed strategy.
- Prospecting of new Sales opportunities targeting incremental growth in Design Wins, Bookings and Revenue.
- Sell into various vertical markets, with special focus on Mobile Solutions/Automotive, but also including Industrial Automation, Medical, Transportation, Telecommunications and Autonomous devices/vehicles.
- Successfully prospect, drive discovery, and secure new business with customers by positioning Kontron products and solutions.
- Reporting of activity with sales activity reports, monthly funnel reviews & territory forecast.
- Plan and execute on regional marketing and customer events.
- Important interface function in the US to the Mobile Solutions business unit and to the Automotive organization in Germany (technical sales, operations, R&D, quality).
- Coordinate meetings for tradeshows and industry events.
- Constant analysis of the regional Automotive market.
- Implementation of benchmarks with the most important competitors.
- Cooperate with other KEU’s within Kontron when applicable.
- Ensure a reliable monthly Rolling Order Forecast.
- Secure the product price level in order to reach the profitability targets.
- Proven experience in building strong customer relationships with Automotive OEM and Tier 1 customers.
- Have a B.S. Electrical Engineering Degree, or equivalent, plus 10 years of experience selling into high technology markets.
- Prior experience selling into, and deep knowledge of, the "Mobile Solutions/Automotive" market, highly desirable.
- Sales and/or business development experience with Mobile Solutions/Automotive customers.
- Demonstrated experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and basic legal documents.
- Expectations setting experience with customers throughout the lifecycle of the relationship with Kontron.
- Ability to clearly and effectively present, sell, negotiate and close business deals with "C" level management.
- Self-motivated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- This is a remote position with 40-50% travel to customer locations required.
Kontron is looking for an honorable, professional, ethical, team player to work in a team environment who wants to be a contributor to the success of the organization.
Feel up to the challenge? If this is you click Apply now!