We are seeking an experienced Deal Desk Manager who will help build and lead our deal review process for the Revenue Accounting Team. This person will be Everlaw’s first employee fully dedicated to deal review, so this is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys building processes and helping shape and formalize our deal desk operation, a pivotal component of our overall revenue operation. The Deal Desk Manager will report to the Director of Revenue.
As the Deal Desk Manager, you will confidently assume the reins of our deal desk operations, while offering extensive cross-functional support to our sales, operations, and finance teams. You are enthusiastic about streamlining processes and skilled at crafting efficient, customer-centric workflows.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong background in revenue recognition, and have excellent problem-solving and analytical skills. They should be able to build relationships and collaborate with cross functional stakeholders to identify and implement process improvements. This person will have 1-2 years of project management experience, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while adapting to ever-changing needs and priorities.
This is a full-time, exempt position based in our Oakland, California office. Employees are eligible for a hybrid work schedule: in office M/W/Th with the option to work from home Tu/Fr.
- We want you to feel like part of the team early on! Our onboarding process will integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our product, policies, processes, and team structure and goals.
- We’re excited for you to learn, grow, and contribute right away! We trust that you’ll bring experience and knowledge that will uplift and uplevel the team, but we don’t expect you to know everything on Day 1.
In your role, you'll...
- Support the development of a formalized deal desk process including the design and workflow required by the systems, key approval events,etc and ensure proper oversight by relevant departments
- Review revenue agreements in connection with deal review process to ensure compliance with ASC 606 and Everlaw revenue policy
- Manage deal review communications between revenue team and Sales, Sales Operations and Legal during contract negotiations and provide guidance and assistance to ensure proper revenue recognition
- Support historical contract review to ensure we have recognized revenue properly including any segmentation to support future updates.
- Provide as-needed technical accounting guidance to business partners and team members as part of deal review process
- Effectively manage workflow to provide timely feedback and input while keeping management aware of key issues.
- Partner with order-to-cash cross functional teams (Sales, Legal, Deal Desk, Sales Ops, Finance, and/or AR) to ensure all fully executed agreements are properly booked and recognized in our systems to ensure accuracy in quarterly metrics
- Support the Revenue Accounting team with other special projects, as needed such as year-end audit contract review and other ad hoc projects
- 8+ years related experience in Revenue [ASC 606] / Accounting
- Experience with SaaS/Technology industry preferred
- CPA with Big 4 experience preferred
- A highly productive self-starter with very strong work ethic
- Strong accountability and detail-oriented; prepares accurate and timely work product
- Ability to work independently and thrive, and be a team player
- Strong interpersonal, communication and messaging skills
- Ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment
- Capable of moving between a variety of roles with ease with working with cross functional teams
- Understanding of global quote-to-cash business processes and best practices
- Advanced skills in Excel, Salesforce, and experience using Netsuite and IronClad
- Project management experience
- The expected salary range for this role is between $130,000 and $160,000. The final offered salary will depend on many factors including a candidate's experience, skills, and interview performance. The role's salary is subject to change in the future.
- Equity program
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and approximately 10 days (80 hours) per year of sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus 11 federal holidays
- Membership to Modern Health to help employees prioritize mental health and wellness
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
Learn More About Our Benefits And Perks
- Monthly home internet reimbursement
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Enjoy a wide variety of snacks and beverages in the office
- Bond over company-wide out-of-the-box events and fun activities with your team
- Time off for company-sponsored volunteer events and 4 paid hours per quarter to volunteer at a charitable organization of your choice
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- Ranked #9 on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2023 for US small and medium companies
- One of Wealthfront’s 2021 Career Launching Companies, and ranked #2 on the “2022 Bay Area Best Places to Work” list by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal
- One of Fast Company’s World's Most Innovative Companies for 2022 and proud contributor of free ediscovery resources to benefit the greater good through “Everlaw for Good”
Pursue Truth While Finding Yours
At Everlaw, we are deeply invested in pursuing the truth, for our clients and for our employees. We know that when you’re empowered to pursue your passions, it is reflected in the work.
That’s why we’re committed to the professional growth of all our team members, offering an annual learning and development stipend and regular career check-ins with managers. If you’re looking for a place that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we’d love to hear from you!About Everlaw
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host hundreds of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. We respect the gender, gender identity and gender expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests for pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity, including the California Equal Pay Act. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.Everlaw requires all of its employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies. If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine, unless you have received a medical or religious exemption.
We collect and process the personal information you provided along with your job application in accordance with our Applicants Privacy Notice and Notice at Collection.