The Vice President of Sales Operations is responsible for identifying and delivering against areas that allow the selling organization to operate effectively and efficiently. The VP, Sales Ops will be accountable to establishing and implementing the Crossmark Way in strategy, process and business tools. VP of Sales Operations will also develop a comprehensive business development plan to include functional specifications for the product, ROI analysis, insights generation, sample distribution, retail integration, budget and resource planning. VP of Sales Operations needs to have excellent management skills to coordinate with VP General Managers, Division Managers, Insights, sister companies, customers, and strategic partners.
- Develop Strategic Planning process and lead implementation with VPGM’s
- Lead client contract development and negotiation
- Deliver Monthly Business results and reporting package
- Provide insight generation and incorporation into selling decks
- Sample acquisition and dissemination for new items across all clients
- Oversee Commercial Planning process and results
- Manage and develop team of Sales Operations Managers and Coordinators
- Sales Deck generation
- Follow-through Logistics
- Lead Summit/Roundtable for each Vertical
- Lead and follow-through RFP
- Streamline back room support and interface with Order to Cash team to ensure SLA delivery
- Develop and deliver change management and required business tools
- Developing strategic and operational plans for the sales, business development and partnerships teams
- Assist in leading the Selling discipline, selling approach, value positioning, and standardization
- Drive strategic growth initiatives for CROSSMARK client and customer teams. Lead client/customer high-profile, high-impact strategy projects end-to-end, from developing an execution approach to delivering recommendations and final deliverables.
- Lead solution development in RFP response and sales presentations
- Build, improve and support significant key individual customer relationships
- Assess direction, trends and strategic opportunities in the 3-5 year time horizon providing results to internal leaders.
- Help develop new ideas and solutions to capture new business.
- Contribute to competitive intelligence efforts by providing insights, assessments, and recommendations on competitor activities, intentions, and trends.
- Establish strong external relationships and create a deep understanding of organizations, their strategy, priorities and key decision makers in order to have a view as to scope for potential strategic Business Development transactions
- Proactively gather current and comprehensive market intelligence to understand which Business Development activities are taking place in the market enabling CROSSMARK to position Business Development opportunities and timeline accordingly
- Ensure a thorough understanding of the CROSSMARK portfolio and ongoing operational activities to identify how the portfolio could be strengthened through Business Development activities
- Drive and manage appropriate engagement and collaboration with internal stakeholders within CROSSMARK and across all business areas.
NOTE: This job description does not imply that the above functions are the only tasks that may be performed. Associates will be expected, if possible, to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks as directed by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education/ Experience: 8+ years of Retail, CPG, or other equivalent industry experience preferred. Operational and financial management experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Lead and direct team.
Work environment: Office environment
Travel Requirements: Extensive travel, More than 50%
Physical Demands: agility to travel and attend multiple locations throughout the work week
Language Skills: English is the primary language skill;
CROSSMARK is committed to providing accessible employment practices and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please let us know.