Director, Lacrosse Ticket & Partnership SalesDepartment:
Vancouver Warriors LacrossePosition Summary
The Director, Lacrosse Ticket & Partnership Sales for the Vancouver Warriors NLL Lacrosse team will develop and implement the overall strategic vision with the goal to exceed the team’s ticket & partnership sales objectives. The immediate priority for the role will be to develop and execute a strategy for long term revenue growth and profitability.Essential Duties And Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned as required)
Required Experience And Qualifications
- Craft and execute the club’s annual ticket sales budget, business plan, and strategy
- Drive all club sponsorship sales, ticket sales, premium seat and suite sales, marketing, advertising, and promotions
- Develop an overall corporate partnership sales strategy that is designed to maximize revenue from the right brands for Lacrosse
- Personally find corporate partnership prospects, while cultivating relationships, developing a deep understanding of prospect needs and challenges, presenting solutions and closing deals
- Coordinate with Partnership Marketing on the utilization of new ideas and current assets / inventory for new prospects and current partner upsell, ensuring that ideas and assets are all used in a way to maximize revenue
- In collaboration with the Chief Revenue Officer and other sales leaders, build and evolve a strategic plan to maximize revenue from ticket sales. This plan will include designing new revenue streams and product innovation, pricing and product optimization, new experience development, creation of a high-energy sales culture, and development of sales, experience and retention strategies and tactics.
- Oversee the club’s P/L, box office, operations, and new media publications
- Manage, coach, and mentor a team of staff on a direct or dotted line basis, including all revenue producing areas, such as ticket sales and corporate partnership staff members.
- Work closely with the General Manager and Lacrosse Operations team to ensure alignment on both sides of the business
- Serve as a committed and responsible member of the company’s Leadership team
- A directly related post secondary degree, plus at least five years of leadership experience in a high energy sales and service environment
- Demonstrated creativity in the development of innovative and effective sales and marketing campaigns
- Strong conceptual and strategic skills, with the ability to think outside the box
- Assertive, action-oriented personality with a high degree of initiative and the knack for getting things done
- Strong creative skills and a thorough understanding of live sports events and game entertainment
- Commitment to a vision of service and entertainment that will thrill fans and provide the ultimate fan experience
- Proven ability to build, motivate, and lead teams
- Superior communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills, with the ability to relate professionally to all levels of staff, management, clientele, suppliers, and partners
- Excellent planning, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle conflicting deadlines and prioritize
- Both successful and comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced, start-up environment and directing a young, motivated staff
- Strong computer proficiency, particularly in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Vancouver is one of the most diverse cities in the world and Canucks Sports & Entertainment strives to create a workforce that is inclusive, equitable, and represents our beautiful, unique communities. We value unique perspectives, ideas, and creativity that support a diverse, inclusive, respectful, collaborative, and fun work environment. Canucks Sports & Entertainment is committed to building and supporting a diverse team.
This position will remain open until filled.