Role: Sales Operations Analyst
Reports to: Retail Director
Located: Office Based - Weybridge
Reporting to and supporting the Retail Director in achieving sector specific strategic and operational performance targets. Harvest Energy is a member of the Prax Group of companies, a British multinational independent oil refining, storage, distribution and sales conglomerate dealing in crude oil, petroleum products and biofuels, headquartered in London.
The job holders primary focus is ensuring we obtain meaningful data from our systems and as a business make data driven decisions to drive additional sales and profitability on both the Harvest Energy company owned and dealer owned Retail Service Stations. You will work with many other teams in the organisation to gather data to help you make the best recommendations and you'll get involved in every aspect of the pricing lifecycle - from reviewing market data and crunching numbers, to developing strategy, processes, and actual implementation of the fuel price.
· Help Partner the Leadership team on the P&L & agreed KPI’s to support the delivery of business and financial goals.
· Contributing to the creation of complex data sources and reports, to provide concise and meaningful insight to the whole business.
· Produce retail operations reporting to periodically evaluate carrier performance for service improvements
· Standardise reporting of key performance metrics for retail projects and initiatives and facilitate the sharing of best practice locally and across regions.
· Establish best practices for reporting and data, so that data can be easily interpreted and utilised to inform strategic decisions.
· Assessing data from a variety of sources to gain insights into pricing strategies and market trends.
· Applying statistical modeling methods to determine the potential impact of pricing strategies on profitability at the same time supporting project analysis and project implementation in the Retail & Downstream business, as required.
· Develops and maintains the Retail pricing intelligence and strategy database.
· Working across the entire retail ops team, proactively identifying opportunities for automation of data reporting and visualisation
· Perform margin and pricing analysis to support business initiatives Monitors the market and manages the company network pole-sign pricing in line with agreed location strategies, policy, and site-specific targets.
· Develops a system of communication, documentation, and review of internal and external comparative pricing data
· Identifies opportunities to optimise sales and profitability through pricing strategies
· Measuring promotional activity and identifying any risks
· Monitoring and reporting on company wastage and analyse store erosion (write offs and markdowns) and the implications this has on company profit and margin.
· Liaising with departments on findings and recommendations
· Provide meaningful reports and insights, recommending appropriate actions, with the aim of enhancing and protecting margin.
· Promoting a margin protection culture within the business.
· Conduct investigations and identified areas of concern related to loss of profit and margin.
· Provide feedback, findings and make recommendations for improved processes and procedures related to enhancing margin.
· Producing reports for that include the monthly management pack, trade pack and daily sales reports
· Preparing the annual budget, forecast and latest view
· Educated to degree level.
Personal skills/attributes required:
- A love for all things data
- Proven track record of advanced dashboard reporting
- Ability and willingness to learn new tools and techniques
- Energetic self-starter with a desire to learn.
- Continuous Improvement mindset.
- Process thinker with an analytical bias.
- Excellent Excel skills and competent in other Microsoft Office products.
- Experience in Power BI is desirable.
- A methodical, analytical, and logical thinker, with the ability to see the bigger picture and get to the underlying business questions and challenges that need answering
- Well organised, with the ability to prioritise workload and manage stakeholders effectively
- The ability to plan and structure workload, collaboratively delivering under pressure and to deadlines
- The ability to thrive in a risk-taking, fast paced environment
- Highly numerate and commercially aware