Ever dream of doing work that makes a difference? Want to join a growing company? Here it is! We seek the talent of a dynamic Director of Sales and Operations who seeks to bring their A game to a collaborative team of talented professionals. You are not afraid to make impact where your opinion matters in a company that has a masterful, mature history that operates as best-in-class.
The Director of Sales and Operations position manages sales activities of the organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate leaders. This position is responsible for obtaining sales goals with senior management and devises a plan in which to accomplish sales goals through budgeting, forecasting, new product introduction, sales promotions, and marketing events in new and established territories by using sales programs for lead development, up-selling, online, and retention strategies. This position is responsible for training and developing sales leaders and staff, assigning sales goals, measuring sales, and addressing customer related sales issues. Travels with staff and calls on customers as needed.
Let’s Unpack This – Who are we?
O’Connor Company is an industry leader in wholesale HVAC equipment, parts and tools. As a distributor of HVAC services in the Midwest, they provide a range of quality product lines. The company is proud to serve the commercial and residential markets in Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Nebraska and Iowa. For more information, visit oconnorhvac.com.
What you will be doing:
- Facilitates in hiring and training local Branch Managers and Territory managers.
- Organizes and oversees the schedules, territories, and performance of territory managers.
- Oversees assigned branch locations.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive, providing recommendations for promotion and salary adjustment as appropriate.
- Provides excellent customer service through timely customer interaction, problem resolution or escalation with effective and efficient follow-up.
- Responsible for ensuring all assigned Branch location operational functions are completed in accordance with company policy and procedure while conveying a feeling of trust, service, security and satisfaction to customer and staff.
- Effectively manages sales leaders and Territory Managers in order to achieve company sales goals.
- Develops and executes strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand customer base.
What we need from you:
Preferred Job Requirements
- 10 or more years’ experience with business, sales, and related functions. HVAC experience a plus.
- 5 or more years’ experience in a multi-unit leadership role with demonstrated metric successes.
Minimum Job Requirements
- High School diploma or its GED equivalent and a Bachelors Degree in business or related field or the equivalent in related work experience.
- 7 or more years’ experience with business, warehousing, supply chain, sales, and related functions.
- 3 or more years’ experience in a multi-unit leadership role with demonstrated metric successes
What we have to offer:
- Health care (medical, dental, vision, prescription) available the first day of hire!
- 401k with company contribution
- Life insurance plus short-term and long-term disability
- Paid vacations, holidays and personal time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- And much more!
All candidates who have received a written offer of employment will be required to undergo background screening and testing for commonly abused controlled substances in accordance with our company’s background check and drug testing policy. Motor Vehicle Record checks are also completed for all candidates who have received a written offer of employment to determine insurability for driving a company vehicle as it relates to the position.
We provide equal opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, age, race, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identification, physical or mental disability, or any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Sound good? Apply here today!