who our client is and what they need…
Our client is a mission-driven organization with a strong commitment to transforming education. They have a strong reputation and solid presence as a partner to educational institutions both in Higher Ed and K-12. Their focus is on emphasizing enduring partnerships with both members and technology partners and maintaining agility for potential expansion.
The Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) is a visionary leader, skilled in strategic thinking and equipped with the operational expertise. This collaborative leader will define and execute sales strategies and operational business plans, driving aggressive revenue growth while remaining steadfast in delivering on the organization's mission. As a dynamic leader you will be responsible for designing and cultivating a consultative sales organization, overseeing the expansion of Regional Sales, Customer Success, and Service teams. Additionally, you will closely collaborate with the Chief Marketing Officer to translate the demand generation strategy into rapid revenue acceleration, with the support of a dedicated Business Operations function that will handle Sales Operations, Data Analysis, and Reporting.
what you will do…
Go to Market
- Partner with the leadership team to define the go-to-market strategy and operational plans for the Sales organization.
- Establish and oversee market sizing and competitive analysis.
- Manage the strategic sales strategy, including geographic targeting and expansion, and strategic account management, including renewals.
- Define the sales toolkit from training to competitive positioning, funnel management, solution selling, and customer success.
- Partner to manage the products and services playbook to ensure a comprehensive and competitive solution portfolio.
- Develop and lead the execution of an annual sales strategy and operating plan.
- Establish and oversee a forecasting and reporting process.
- Partner with marketing to optimize lead generation and the CRM strategy.
- Define the sales toolkit from training to funnel management, solution selling, and customer success.
- Establish monthly and quarterly metrics and report to the CEO/leadership team and the Board.
- Leverage new and existing technology platforms to ensure the organization drives towards continuous improvement, efficiency, and high-quality performance for customers and employees.
- Develop and grow a high-performing sales organization.
- Invest in the team's professional growth through mentorship, development, growth, and educational opportunities.
- Manage and build long-term, trusting relationships with suppliers and partners.
what will make you a top candidate…
- 8+ years broad sales leadership experience in technology hardware, software, or services.
- Experience building the strategic sales capability within a technology-driven company to significantly increase revenue growth through new and existing customers with a portfolio of at least $50M+.
- Experience leading successful regional expansion strategies and operations.
- Expertise leveraging technology platforms to provide quality customer performance metrics and reporting.
- Experience leading high quality customer engagement experiences and building trusting, long-term relationships with vendors and customers.
- Proven success in attracting, retaining, and developing high-performing teams while developing a culture of empowerment, performance, and accountability.
- Strategic B2B sales in a high-growth, scale-up environment.
- Experience selling to K-12 and Higher Education Stakeholders.
- Value-Added Reseller (VAR) sales technology experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or related field.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
Generous benefits program including medical, dental, vision, retirement, vacation.
$220,000 - $250,000, 45% bonus, 10% long-term incentive.