About Us: FloWater, recognized by INC. Magazine as one of America’s fastest-growing companies, has been redefining the future of drinking water since its founding over 10-years ago. We do this by transforming ordinary tap water into ultra-purified, great-tasting premium drinking water that consumers love and trust.
In 2022, after nearly a decade of terrific growth and several years of working with Bluewater as its strategic investor, FloWater merged with Bluewater, a global leader in drinking water-based out of Stockholm, and is now part of a worldwide movement and platform of water purification solutions that are completely reinventing the water industry.
FloWater is in the process of integrating as a division of Bluewater Group (specifically Bluewater North America). During this transition process, you will see links and email addresses from both Bluewater and FloWater.
Mission & Outcomes: FloWater is seeking a highly experienced and results-driven Chief Sales Officer (CSO) to lead and oversee our sales organization. As the CSO, you will play the critical leadership role in developing and implementing strategic sales initiatives, building and leading a high-performance sales team, and being fully responsible for driving revenue growth for the company. Your exceptional leadership, strategic thinking, and deep understanding of the sales landscape will be the underpinning of our commercial plan towards a multi-hundred million-dollar company.
Great Candidates: We are seeking a proven sales leader with exceptional strategic and leadership abilities, high energy, and strong customer orientation with the ability to aggressively execute an omni-channel sales plan in order to achieve and exceed revenue and budget targets. Candidates will have a proven track record of success in a high-level sales leadership role(s), preferably in a B2B environment and with both direct and wholesale business units. Great candidates will care deeply about our mission to change the way the world consumes drinking water, thrive in a fast-paced company, display resourcefulness with exceptional critical thinking and persuasion / selling skills, be tenacious and innovative in problem-solving and their sales approach, work with a sense of urgency, and build fantastic relationships and rapport with colleagues, customers, and sales teams.
Responsibilities & Role:
- Develop and execute the company's omni-channel sales strategy to achieve revenue and growth targets (direct-local markets, education, national accounts, wholesale, and inside sales). Each business unit will have a sales leader responsible for that operating unit, but as CSO, your responsibility is to ensure the formal and final development of the North American commercial sales plan and execute it accordingly, as well as align your team to successfully achieve annual revenue budgets against this plan
- Spend 35 - 50% of your time in the field with sales leaders / executives, reps, wholesale and national account directors, and customers
- Lead and motivate the sales team to maximize their performance and potential, ensure individuals are exceeding quota, and utilize training and / or performance improvement plans to ensure those who do not meet quota do so
- Provide direction, coaching, and guidance to the sales team to foster a culture of continuous improvement and success. This includes the creation and development of tools and KPIs for accountability, and sales skills development (LMS)
- Set clear sales targets and objectives for the team and regularly (weekly or more frequently) track and monitor performance against these thresholds
- Drive and achieve revenue and sales growth metrics and potential 100% year-over-year targets
- Conduct regular performance evaluations, provide constructive feedback, and support career development
- Oversee training and development of the sales team, ensuring they have the necessary skills and knowledge to meet their quotas and objectives
- Create and execute new market development programs and sales strategies
- Develop strategic sales plans for future products to be commercialized in North America
- Attend trade shows, determine goals and objectives, and coordinate / manage relationships with organizers to ensure that trade shows are a success
- Identify and pursue opportunities for market expansion and growth
- Establish and maintain strong customer relationships to drive customer loyalty and retention
- Analyze market trends and competition to identify new market segments and strategic partnerships
- Optimize and improve sales processes, methodologies, and tools to enhance efficiency
- Ensure seamless coordination between sales, marketing, and product development teams
- Utilize data-driven insights to refine sales strategies and tactics
- Work closely with the executive team to set revenue targets and budgets
- Develop and implement innovative pricing strategies and value propositions
- Monitor sales performance and take corrective actions as necessary to meet or exceed revenue goals
- Foster collaboration and open communication within the sales team and across departments
- Provide reports and regular updates to the CEO and leadership team on sales performance, opportunities, and challenges with specific recommendations as needed
- At least 15-years of experience in sales, with over 10-years in sales leadership and a minimum of 5-years+ as a proven and established Sales Executive (VP / CSO, etc.), working in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment. You are a leader who has managed, at minimum, dozens of sales reps and has successfully demonstrated the ability to drive structure and scale in other organizations
- A track record of achieving and exceeding revenue budgets and quotas in a leadership position while maintaining a disciplined approach to capital and budgeted expenditures
- Experience in developing innovative sales strategies that have helped put their companies ahead of the competition
- Experience using customer relationship management (CRM) software to monitor sales team activities and generate sales reports that allow them to see what’s going on behind the scenes
- Ability to analyze sales reports to understand what steps to take toward company goals
- Ability to lead a team of professionals in a single direction with a common objective and vision
- Personable and able to make meaningful and strong connections with others
- A consumer-oriented, people person with a commitment to delivering excellence
- Excellent communication, written, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to articulate personal and business messages to key external persons in order to retain them for their individual benefits to the business
- Ability to travel as needed (35 - 50%)
Compensation: This is a full-time, salaried position with a competitive base salary, lucrative commission plan and bonus, as well as a comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, F.S.A., 401(k)), partially paid parental leave policy, and Paid Time Off.
Our Commitment: FloWater believes we can perform at our best when we are able to be our authentic selves. We strive to create a culture that celebrates our differences and supports diversity, creating an equitable and inclusive workplace for all. FloWater does not discriminate and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender orientation / expression, age, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information, or disability.
Please note this is a fully remote position unless we hire a Colorado candidate where we operate under a hybrid office / remote schedule.