Company Introduction - ABOUT US
Dogtopia is the leading dog daycare provider in North America with more than 240 locations operating in the USA and Canada. The Dogtopia brand has wellness at our core and our commitment to our customers and their dogs is spreading across the nation.
We are Legendary Dogs, the largest franchisee of Dogtopia. Our home office team is in Atlanta, GA. We currently operate 9 locations in Portland, OR, San Diego, CA and Madison, AL. We are rapidly expanding into 9 other states. We will operate 75 Dogtopias in the next several years. We are proud of the high-quality daycare services we provide and are excited about the growth and potential of Legendary Dogs and Dogtopia.
The Perfect Candidate!
We are looking for a seasoned multi-unit operator with proven experiencing scaling service-based retail businesses. This is a high impact, high effort role with high expectations. As VP, Sales & Operations, you are expected to grow revenue and help us achieve networking leading growth.
The perfect candidate loves dogs, has a very strong background in retail sales and operations, marketing (specifically lead generation), leadership and people development, managing budgets, and working with C-Suite executives.
This role is perfect for a growth leader looking for a career opportunity with sizeable growth, is driven by streamlining systems & operations to drive sales, and build and lead a team of location managers.
Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together:
An VP, Sales & Operations for Legendary Dogs is a key leadership role and will play a pivotal part in driving the company's growth by leading store level sales efforts for both new store openings and established locations. The role is essential for ensuring that the business runs smoothly and is profitable, provides exceptional care for dogs, as well as overseeing staff, ensuring the facility is safe and clean, and delivering excellent customer service to pet parents and their dogs. This dynamic position requires extensive travel, strong leadership skills, and a proven track record in both sales and team management.
- Recruit, train, and lead a high-performing team including regional and general managers, providing guidance, coaching, and mentorship to ensure the team meets or exceeds projected goals.
- Review KPI dashboards to ensure daily targets are achieved
- Create training and development programs
- Set expectations and provide leadership to create a positive work environment.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with executive leadership, field leaders, daycare teams, and other stakeholders of the organization.
Business Management & Operations:
- Oversee day-to-day operations of each Dogtopia
- Develop and implement operational procedures to improve efficiency and profitability
- Ensure the business runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Manage staff and maintain a positive work environment.
- Implement policies and procedures as per Dogtopia's standards.
- Monitor and enforce health and safety protocols for dogs and employees.
- Handle customer service and addressing customer inquiries or concerns with the team.
- Act as the main point of contact with the franchisor
- Collaborate with the finance department to manage and allocate budgets effectively for sales activities.
- Manage expenses, including payroll, utilities, and supplies.
- Track and analyze financial performance and make necessary adjustments.
Marketing and Sales:
- Work with Marketing Manager and Store Managers to develop and implement sales strategies and promotions that align with Legendary Dog’s growth objectives and market expansion plans.
- Increase store level leads through improvements of current strategies and development of new ones (ex. Local level partnerships, events, etc.)
- Leverage sales technology, CRM systems, and other tools to enhance the sales process and improve efficiency.
- Ensure excellent customer service by addressing inquiries and resolving issues promptly.
- Uphold high standards for customer service and satisfaction, ensuring that clients and their pets have a positive experience.
- Build strong relationships with pet parents, creating a loyal customer base.Compliance:
- Adhere to all Dogtopia franchise policies, guidelines and health and safety standards.
- Maintain licensing and compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
Market Research: Stay up-to-date with industry trends and competitive insights to inform sales strategies and make data-driven decisions.
- Business Experience: 5+ years of experience managing businesses with $5M+ in revenue
- Leadership Experience: 5+ years experience in leadership and team management skills with at least 4 years of experience managing a multi-store portfolio.
- Industry Knowledge: Familiarity with the pet care or franchise industry is a plus but not mandatory.
- Excellent Communication: Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Travel: Willingness and ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Location: Must be able to commute to our home office in Atlanta, GA.
- Cover Letter: Must include a cover letter to be considered in the application process