Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies (JJMDC), a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Strategic Customer Group (SCG) Senior Deal Desk Quoting Analyst. The position will be based in 1) Raynham, MA, 2) West Chester, PA, 3) Warsaw, IN, 4) Raritan, NJ or 5) Cincinnati, OH.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Companies produce a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices contains key surgical platforms such as Wound Closure, Orthopedics, Open and Minimally Invasive Stapling, Energy, Biosurgery, Aesthetics, ENT, and Cardiovascular surgical products. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands. Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is currently $25 billion in World Wide sales. The business is expected to experience solid growth over the next 5 to 7 years.
Contract Strategy, Pricing and Administration (CSP&A) is responsible for the development and execution of contracting strategies for customers within the JJMD Strategic Customer Group (SCG). CSP&A includes the development and delivery of Contracting Strategies (contracting options / parameters by customer segment), Deal Desk (single point of contact, rapid response hub for developing contracts), customer analytics (preparation of customer-ready analytics and materials for the field to support customer updates and negotiations) and CPC governance (rules and processes for approving deal exceptions). The Deal Desk team works in close collaboration with Field Sales, Account Management, Contract Strategy, Contract Administration and other partners such as Legal, Finance, Health Care Compliance, Government Compliance, etc. to put together the most appropriate offering (products, pricing, solutions and T&Cs) for the customer.
The Senior Deal Desk Quoting Analyst is responsible for the development of offers including products, pricing, compliance requirements, and financial T&Cs for customers in Medical Devices. S/he will serve as the subject matter expert for the business represented and will partner closely with the Deal Desk Manager/Directors, Contracting Directors, Pricing Managers, and other Deal Desk Analysts to develop the most appropriate offers and scenarios to serve our customers and uphold our strategies. The Senior Analysts will shift focus between strategic partnerships involving development of complex innovative deal structures and enforcing a narrower set of options for less strategic customers. S/he is also responsible for coaching, mentoring and developing Quoting Analysts on internal processes and strategies, and use of analytical tools.
The primary objectives of the Deal Desk are to:
- Protect the margins of the business by taking a holistic view of the levers that affect profitability including products, prices, solutions and T&Cs
- Better align the offers we submit with the needs of the customer segment and the strategies of the business
- Reduce time spent by Field Sales on contract development to enhance focus on customers
- Improve our Customers’ experience
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Drive the development of detailed offers leveraging product expertise, business acumen and professional judgment while adhering to contracting strategies and price matrices
- Develop rigorous, error-proof offers and analysis, maintaining a high attention to detail, while still seeing the emerging patterns, trends and insights across offers
- Display a high degree of ownership for the quality of the offer and the fit with our strategic and financial objectives
- Identify areas for improvement within systems, processes, and interactions. Surface and provide recommendations regularly to management to support our objective for continuous improvement
- Take an active role in developing and improving training materials and SOPs
- Maintain appropriate documentation in accordance with SOX 404 Requirements
- Coach / mentor developing Quoting Analysts to strengthen their skillset and improve the quality of their work
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $76,000 to $106,000. The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. For additional general information on Company benefits, please go to: - https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefitsQualifications:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required. A concentration in Finance, Business, Economics, or Marketing is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of work experience with at least 3 years in Contract Management, Finance, Pricing, Operations, Logistics, or another related field required.
- Experience working in Healthcare, Life Sciences, or the Financial Services industry is preferred.
- Self-starter and strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to implement strategies based on competitive dynamics, economic goals, and customer needs
- Strong desire to meet / exceed expectations
- Experience with special project ownership and management within offer development is preferred.
- High Proficiency in MS Excel with experience extracting significant detailed data sets from various sources, concatenating, and analyzing is required.
- Experience in customer price benchmarking is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with experience performing or assisting in complex and comprehensive analytics is required.
- Ability to toggle between big picture and attention to detail is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, with ability to make the complex simple when explaining complex analytical findings to non-analytical business partners.
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional environment and build support across a complex set of stakeholders is required.
- Proficiency in prioritizing and managing multiple concurrent deliverable for different end users is required.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career, and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.