The Sales Manager is responsible for:
- As the Sales Manager and a member of the local management team, co-develop and define the mission/vision and strategic plan and translate this into a year plan and targets.
- Translation of the overall strategy into a long term commercial plan, which subsequently is to be detailed in a year plan and commercial targets (including customer service, acquisition, net sales, margin and customer profitability targets).
- Delivery of the commercial Plan – drive sales and activities at selected customers and channels. Realize agreed year plans and commercial targets.
- Participate in an effective sales and operations planning (S&OP) process.
- Continuously develop and optimize the commercial function in line with Group guidelines and using all relevant information amongst which about the market and competition, knowledge of our customer base.
- Business development: explore new markets, new products and define new product-market combinations within the strategic framework of company
- Act as a role model for the company values and culture as defined in the mission and vision.
- Develop and maintain sustainable relationships with customers in close coordination with the Group CCO for global customers.
- Represent the company towards customers, interest groups and at fairs
- Develop & maintain good relations with relevant EU colleagues.
- Comply with legal requirements.
- A bachelor degree in the commercial area (Bachelor or Master in business administration or similar).
- Excellent communication and social skills.
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to speak and writing in English.
- Experience in the FMCG industry, preferably in food.
- At least 5 years of commercial working experience
- Knowledge of International companies/environment is preferred
- JD Edwards experience is beneficial
- Experience in working with Microsoft Office applications
- Result and Action oriented (responsibility for result).
- Hands on, entrepreneurial (freedom to make decisions).
- Structured, ability to plan, build a strategy, and track & trace results
- Collaborative across functions (Together).
- Accountability (responsibility for result)